** State Supreme Court Justice Attempts To Flee **

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 6:44 PM
      Los Angeles, California                                          March 4, 2003

      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
      T-ShirtMe!
                      FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting

      State Supreme Court Justice
      Attempts To Flee Accident She Caused
      Cited for drunk driving and hit-and-run
      And she's addressed as "Your Honor"??

      As your read the story below, ask yourself three questions:
          1-  What would happen to you or me if we were involved in a hit and run... and blew a 0.22 (three times the legal limit) on a breathalyzer test?
          2- What do you think is gonna happen to this judge when she appears before another judge?
          3- Regarding your answer to #2... is that one of the benefits of the Divine Right of Kings?

      Heh... do you even think she will have to appear?  Wanna give me odds that it will be Adjourned in Contemplation Of Dismissal?  What are you going to do about it folks?  Well... I'll bet each of you know two people who think "that's just the way it is.  Can't do nuthin' about it".  But you can do something about it.  You can put those two people on the J4J email list by sending their email address to AddRemove@... and to your state JIC.

      Ron Loeber, NY JAILer-In-Chief

      Wash. Justice Apologizes for Alleged DUI

      By Associated Press ~ March 2, 2003, 7:28 PM EST

      SEATTLE -- State Supreme Court Justice Bobbe Bridge apologized Sunday, two days after she was cited for drunken driving and hit and run for allegedly trying to drive away from the scene of an accident.

      Bridge, 58, called her behavior inexcusable and promised to seek a professional evaluation of her alcohol use.

      "There are not words to describe how deeply remorseful I am," she said. "I thank God no one was hurt."

      Bridge, 58, was arrested Friday night after another driver called to report that a silver Mercedes had struck an unoccupied pickup truck in Seattle, police spokesman Scott Moss said. The Mercedes allegedly continued driving until the witness pulled in front of it and boxed it in, the witness told police.

      Bridge took two breath tests, registering blood-alcohol levels of 0.219 percent and 0.227 percent -- nearly three times the state's legal limit of 0.08 percent.

      Gov. Gary Locke appointed Bridge to the court in 2000 to replace retiring Justice Barbara Durham. She was elected to a full six-year term after running unopposed last year.

      Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press

      (Follow-up to above article from Bill Wood, North Carolina JAILer  woodb01@...)

      Why not start an e-mail and letter campaign demanding the same treatment that non-judges and non-lawyers receive.  And if the treatment is any different that you will work hard to expose the legal connection / corruption in the state.

      This judge is a CRIMINAL that belongs BEHIND BARS and NOT on the bench!

      Start writing the newspapers insisting that the judge will get favorable treatment from her connections...  That the legal system is filled with insider corruption even worse than politics!

      Watch the sparks fly!

      Bill has a great idea.  Every time you read in the newspaper of a judge being accused of something, send letter to the Editor of that paper... and an email to your own state legislators and judges demanding equal treatment for all.  What do you think would happen if your local paper received a few dozen letters on the same incident?

      And for those of you with a good sarcastic mind, send a Letter to the Editor explaining why judges and lawyers should be treated with leniency.  After all, the very nature of their jobs is all-important and they shouldn't have to worry about all the little things in life which concern the rest of us.  This should be another little benefit for those who enjoy the Divine Right of Kings.  After all, they really didn't mean to do it and you are sure they are sorry for what they did.

      Maybe they will print it and you will have a chance to make the sheeple angry enough to get out the pitchforks and sickles and storm the castle.  There is more than one way to skin a cat.

      Ron Loeber, NY JIC

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org