** Trying To Bring "Sight" To The "Blind" **

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2003
      Los Angeles, California                                      January 11, 2003
      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
                      FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting
      Trying To Bring "Sight"
       To The "Blind"
      Dave Donley, Vermont JAILer-In-Chief, davedonley@..., tells of his feverish attempts to help open the eyes of people to the scope and extent of judicial corruption, but losing patience with those who remain "intentionally ignorant."  To those of you having a similar experience, be not discouraged, for we are hearing from hundreds of people daily whose eyes have been opened and realize the need for the solution, i.e., J.A.I.L.
      The old saw is true "there are none so blind as he who will not see."
      -Dave Donley
      I hope you realize the problem (legal abuse) is so large in scope it really does require a two-prong approach: Challenging them in the courts with their own statutes, (which they pick and choose which they will abide by and/ or ignore) with well-documented cases like yours, and legislation.
      If we win in our own individual cases, that is great-- but rare without
      PUBLICITY and/or a whole lot of money.  Legislation can correct the situation for more people and have a broader impact on the "legal extortion racket" (a phrase Clint Eastwood employed in testimoney before Congress about his experiences with, and opinion of, the "Americans with Disabilities Act") the legal community has created for itself.

      Also, the J4J website helps get the PUBLICTY we need to ensure our suits go forward. Recall that it was the site that brought us together; and through it and the article about your case, we have accumulated others of like minds and information.  It is worthy of any and all support we can give it.
      There are a lot of people ... out there to whom I try to give useful information, but [who] really [are] blind to the scope and extent of the corruption. [They don't] realize crooked lawyers and judges have been working for years enacting legislation to accomplish their ends -- immunities, protections, privileges for their fraternity, access to the state and federal coffers. [These people] really think individual cases are going to blow the lid off the pot of judicial corruption and it will change over night. That is how we all felt about our cases until time and experience proved we might be able to get them to sacrifice a few scapegoats, but nothing changes for the rest of the people or "system."

      The jail4judges site and legislation really is worthy of our support. In addition to providing many useful testimonies, it provides a gathering ground for the
      enemies of our enemy "corrupt judges" that allow the "legal abuse" to go unchecked.
      When you have the time, please forward to A... and let him know I sympathize with his situation (which is why I have spent time trying to educate him to the extent of the corruption), but I really don't have time or patience for those that are, as Ashcroft says in his speech "Judicial Despotism" (available in the www.jail4judges.org library stacks), the "intentionally ignorant."
      If he thinks legislation will take too long, he really doesn't realize the extent or depth of the problem. I have already been over the ground he is treading and know from experience that is why the J4J legislation identifies the problem "the Doctrine of Judicial Immunity has been greatly abused." Even when a party can get a case past the initial hurdles, after draining every penny and ounce of will to fight, judges dismiss cases claiming immunity.  As Linda Kennedy (J4J lawyer) points out in her article "Litigation Vortex" the whole system is designed to do nothing more than drain everyone of every dime they can.
      The courts are not halls of justice. They are money mills for the legal fraternity. The ABA sponsors their members' political campaigns knowing lawyer/legislators will enact legislation to make business for the courts and
      lawyers.  A... could be more effective for himself and others if he posted a short story about the "Solidarity" movement in Poland, his experiences there
      and in our legal system. Maybe you can convince him-- I give up. The old saw is true "there are none so blind as he who will not see."
      Dave Donley,  JIC
      VT JAIL4judges

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org