** How About A Study on JUDICIAL Misconduct? **

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      Los Angeles, California                                        January 1, 2003

      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
      T-ShirtMe!
                      FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting

      How About a Study on
      JUDICIAL Misconduct?
      Is prosecutorial misconduct the root of the problem?  The judiciary could put a stop to prosecutorial misconduct real fast-- if they wanted to.  Is there an investigative journalist willing to conduct a study on JUDICIAL misconduct?  Since the judiciary are the gatekeepers of the "justice" system, being the final link on the tyranny chain, why not conduct a study on the ultimate tyrants?  Note: they're asking to hear from, among others, JUDGES regarding prosecutorial misconduct. Judges are the ones that allow it to happen! Let's quit hacking at the branches, and start striking at the root.

      Prosecutorial Misconduct Study

      Steve Weinberg, a veteran investigative journalist, is researching specific cases of prosecutorial misconduct that lead to wrongful convictions.  He would like to hear from anybody--prisoners, their families and friends, lawyers, expert and lay witnesses, jurors, medical examiners, police officers, judges--with evidence of prosecutorial misconduct.

      Weinberg, who lives in Columbia, Mo., is a former newspaper reporter and magazine staff writer turned book author.  For this project, he is working with the Center for Public Integrity, a consortium of journalists, lawyers and researchers in Washington, D.C., that specializes in uncovering systemic problems.  Working closely with Weinberg is a Center staff lawyer, Neil Gordon, who is based in Washington, D.C.  Funding for the prosecutorial misconduct project is coming from several sources, most prominently the Open Society Institute, New York City.

      The research will be disseminated by the Center for Public Integrity, quite possibly in the form of a book from a major publisher.  Weinberg and Gordon plan to name names of prosecutors who cross the line, especially in jurisdictions where wrongful convictions have occurred repeatedly.

      Weinberg can be contacted in these ways:

      E-mail: weinbergs@...
      Telephone: 573 882-5468
      Fax: 573 882-5431
      Home address: 807 West Blvd. South, Columbia, Mo. 65203

      Thanks to Ron Loeber, New York JAILer-In-Chief, for forwarding this to J.A.I.L. and to Suzanne LeBoeuf, California Associate JAILer-In-Chief, the original sender of the article.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org