Government In Your Bedroom

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                        October 27, 2002

      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
      T-ShirtMe!                FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting

       Government In Your Bedroom

      J.A.I.L. Headquarters Under Attack!

      "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found the exact amount of injustice and wrongdoing which will be imposed on them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."                           ~  Frederick Douglas, 1857

      "The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the law of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence." -- John Adams

      "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."  4th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

      Our Founding Fathers, before ratifying the U.S. Constitution, soundly instilled the Bill of Rights within our Constitution, and made sure that every public servant, whether they be federal, state, or local, swore to be bound by it prior to acceptance of their post.

      They knew that everyone has a personal and private life to which they are entitled, and if that person wished not to expose certain matters of their personal and private life to even their closest of friends, that is their business, but especially the government must be barred there from. They believed in the sanctity of the home, and that every man's house is his castle that is strictly off-limits to government ... unless certain conditions are met that support, under sworn oath, probable cause with particular details satisfactory enough to convince a magistrate of specific criminal conduct, and the need for the issuance of a search or arrest warrant.

      There is no such thing authorized by our Constitution as a general search warrant to permit government to go on a fishing expedition to see whatever it is that they may find of which to hold you in violation.

      On October 23rd J.A.I.L.'s Headquarters was posted with a notice outside which stated that on October 31, 2002 it's place would be searched. And what is the criminal charge? Absolutely nothing. Is there probable cause? No! A warrant? No! A magistrate? No! An oath? No! Not even an accusation of being in violation of any housing code. Nothing. It is clearly an unwarranted general search to seek out evidence of something in which they may charge us of being in violation of.

      The notice simple states that on July 1, 1998 our elected Los Angeles City Council Members passed Code Section No. 161.101 into existence that authorizes habitability inspections throughout Los Angeles. What? As I have said, there are places and things we do not even share with our personal friends, but now the government is coming to search the very room I sleep in over my objection to see if they approve, or if they may wish to charge me with being in violation of something. This, of course, is done in the name of protecting my health and my safety, and for my good.

      It was only on May 29th, 2002 that we published a J.A.I.L. News Journal (JNJ) that stated, "Statutes are public or private. A private statute is one which concerns only certain designated individuals, and effects only their private rights. All other statutes are public, in which are included statutes creating or effecting corporations."  C.C.P. 1895-1899, 1898.

      In our May 9th JNJ entitled, "How We Got Into the Corporate Net" by Attorney Bill McPike, a California JAILer, it sets forth, "They have usurped all of this, by treating us as coming under the corporate statutes, which should never affect a private individual. However we are always brought under the Public statutes and treated as if we are corporations."

      I ask myself, "If everyone in Los Angeles is being treated like corporations, and personal and private living quarters are being searched at whim by the government, where is the public outrage?" Why aren't people shouting and demonstrating in the streets? Our elected officials are treating the 4th Amendment they has sworn to uphold as if it contained the following additional words, "Notwithstanding the provisions of the Fourth Amendment, a general search of citizens living quarters may be conducted without probable cause, provided it be called an inspection, and not a search, and be done in the name of health and safety."

      Then, consider our JNJ quoting the May 13, 2001 Union Tribune
      newspaper.

      Union Tribune
      By Kathryn Balint
      STAFF WRITER
      May 13, 2001

      Who owns the law?

      Not the public, at least in the latest court battle over copyright infringement on the Internet. Turns out, the text of the public laws in question belongs to a private, but influential, organization.  That's what a federal judge and an appeals court say. ...

      Government at the local, state and federal levels increasingly is enacting laws that have been written and copyrighted by private entities.

      Consider:

      California and 47 other states have building laws that are copyrighted by one of three nonprofit organizations. .... "By its very nature, the law belongs to the public," said Malla Pollack, associate professor of law at Northern Illinois University. "For some reason, the U.S. courts do not seem to take seriously the public domain."

      The question of who owns the law arose from a homespun Website operated out of Denison, Texas, a little more than an hour's drive from Dallas. It started when retired airline pilot Peter Veeck, 60, set out to renovate a dilapidated building in downtown Denison. He paid $300 for a copy of the region's building code, 1,000 pages of construction laws that dictate everything from how wide a door must be to how far apart nails must be spaced.

      Veeck -- "it rhymes with wreck," he says, borrowing a line from late White Sox owner Bill Veeck -- figured he'd do everyone a favor and post the building code on his Web site. No sooner did he get the code up on the Net than he received a threatening e-mail from a lawyer. The lawyer claimed a nonprofit group by the name of the Southern Building Code Congress International Inc. owned the copyright to that set of laws. "Copyright?" Veeck asked. "How can you have a copyright on the law?  I was brought up in school to believe the law was public
      domain."

      So, assumably on October 31st, (Halloween), we will be charged, in the name of health and safety, with being in violation of some corporation's "law" they wrote up and then copyrighted for their own profit, and we will be hit with fines, fees and penalties for the privilege of becoming their next victim of violating those copyrighted corporate written codes. Gee, I just happen to think. Los Angeles has the highest paid elected City Councilmen in the country by far. Why don't we just relieve them, and have unelected corporations write our laws for us?

      "They came first for the Communists... but I didn't speak up because I
      wasn't a Communist.
      Then they came for the Jews...but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Unionists...but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Unionist. Then they came for the Catholics...but I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me...and by that time..there was no-one left to speak up for me. Martin Niemoller, Germany 1933-1939.

      "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among me, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..." Dec. of Independence.

      If Los Angeles can get away with this, you can bet that these general searches of everyone's premises across America is inevitable, and soon the government will seek to force themselves in your bedroom too. Needless to say, we at J.A.I.L. are under great personal stress and sleepless nights knowing the government has slated us as their next victim for Halloween. Please, please, tell me more about our war on terrorism. I am concluding writing this at 5:09 a.m. as a result of tossing in my bed having started writing this at 2 a.m. How more can I convince you and everyone that J.A.I.L. is the only answer for America? We are it folks. It is either J.A.I.L., our the costly shedding of your blood, and that of all your family members with a dubious conclusion at best. We all must get J.A.I.L. passed throughout this nation, or suffer the unthinkable.    -Ron Branson.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org