Report on California JAIL

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2000
          The California JAIL organization held its meeting today (6/24/00) in Los Angeles, California. Among its attendees, amazingly, was a retired Washington, D.C. federal judge who was also a former federal prosecutor. Mr. Branson, having heard him speak, followed up with a suggestion that when his time would permit, he should become a guest on "JAIL Night" radio. He agreed to that future possibility, but stated that his caseload currently could not afford him that luxury inasmuch as he has involvement in cases in which persons are now on death row.
          Another matter of interest is that the California JAIL organization has agreed to form a nexus with a materializing judicial recall of the presiding judge and two other Superior Court judges of the County of Los Angeles. The desired effect is for JAIL to receive whatever media attention derived therefrom. JAIL will become the official mouthpiece for this judicial recall.
          Further, we had in attendance Mr. Armen Melikian, the main leader of an Armenian activist organization who has expressed  desire to further our cause of judicial accountability. His voice and influence not only reaches across the United States, but around the world among the Armenians. His organization has just filed a $77 million claim against the City of Glendale, California which is now headed for court. We are very thankful to have various organizations such as this aligning themselves with JAIL.
          People were at our meeting that had traveled around 500 miles from Northern/Central California.