**The Bigger Picture Comes Into View

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                      August 4, 2002

      The Bigger Picture Comes Into View
      An Editorial by Barbie, victoryusa@...

      As most of you know, we have steadfastly stood our ground that the focus of J.A.I.L. is single, to wit, judicial accountability to the people.
      Indeed we have pointed out that J.A.I.L. is not just "one of many" causes out there, but it is truly unique, in that the objective of all other causes cannot be met without J.A.I.L. --that is, without an honest, law-abiding, and accountable judiciary.  Unless and until the people can hold the judiciary accountable under constitutional precepts, nothing else matters. Only by a judiciary that is circumspect, through accountability to the people, is it possible to restore our Constitutional Republic.

      I recall how disheartened Ron and I were when we first heard about Bob Schulz, of We The People Foundation, resorting to starvation, even to death, because the powers that be refused to grant him redress of grievances dealing with the federal income tax issue. (As I've said before, we don't really have "government" ever since the powers that be have failed to operate as our legitimate government, i.e., failed to honor the Constitution to protect the people. So I don't find justification in even calling it "government" today.)

      We had responded to Bob, explaining that in our opinion, starvation was a futile effort, and one that the powers that be (hereinafter "PTB")
      could care less about; that we hated to see him do something that would only injure himself, while the PTB continued its agenda as usual, even considering Bob as another "feather in their cap" as not having any affect on the bureaucracy and its business as usual. Our feeling was that Bob's energy could better be spent pursuing a cause that has a workable program, instead of being driven to this "dead end." We didn't see anything good coming from it.

      Oh yes, we took some heat from others, stating that we should respect Bob's right to take whatever action he deemed necessary for the cause of freedom, and that we should support him rather than denigrate him. However, it was the futility of the effort that concerned us, knowing that there is a way that the people can reclaim their liberty, without going through starvation or any other self-destructive means.

      We hadn't had the pleasure of meeting Bob at that point, but we knew about the tremendous cause he was leading for this country and the stone wall he was headed for, and apparently had run into, as long as he was forced to rely on the corrupt system in power. We now see that his life was spared, only to realize that the stone wall is still in place. But at least Bob is still with us to continue in the fight for liberty.

      That has made it possible for Ron and I to indeed meet Bob Schulz personally, the first time at the Freedom Rally in Orange County CA sponsored by Peymon Mottahedeh, where we had the honor of having him sit next to us at the banquet; and a second time just last week at Pastor Wiley Drake's church (our J.A.I.L. Warden for Orange County) in Buena Park, CA on his speaking tour across the country.

      It was there, during the question and answer period following his two-hour informative speech, that I found that Bob now sees the "bigger picture."  When I was called upon, I explained to Bob that first of all, we all applaud what he is doing (and the audience gave a standing ovation). Then I said that what we really need is a permanent solution-- one that will last beyond a day, a week, or a month, or however long a single event (such as the cross-country caravan he is planning) lasts. I stated basically that when all the hoopla is over, it'll be back to business as usual.  I said that once J.A.I.L. passes, it'll be the permanent solution we need.

      I was delighted to hear Bob give J.A.I.L. credibility, and express a good understanding of the value of J.A.I.L.  The first thing he said was "We're definitely on the same page" and "I'm with you."  Then he said that he sees a perfect union between J.A.I.L. and WTPF (his organization). He said that he sees J.A.I.L. dove-tailing beautifully behind this WTPF national event in November. Bob knows that J.A.I.L. is the ultimate solution, and that WTPF will be its fore-runner, paving the way all across this nation, with all the evidence necessary to prove categorically that we do need J.A.I.L. in any event.

      I just finished reading an article Bob put out a few months ago, and it enlightened me to see the "bigger picture" now coming into view. The following are a few excerpts from his message:

      We have a government that has arrogantly refused to respond to the People as required under the Constitution. The government's inability and unwillingness to confront these charges speaks volumes and has provoked a constitutional crisis that will not retreat without resolution.

      We're happy to see the issue evolve into the "bigger picture."  It has grown from the question of whether the federal income tax is lawful, to the question of whether the people will be given a forum for redress of grievances, regardless of what the underlying issue may be. Years ago, it was Irwin Schiff who first enlightened us to the fact that the IRS is not the problem, but it's the courts. That was long before J.A.I.L. existed. Irwin is now a Nevada JAILer.

      The People and liberty would be well served if the IRS were to be forced by the courts to answer the same 460 questions which were answered at the Citizens' Truth-In-Taxation Hearing (and the 78 questions which time prevented from being asked).

      We also believe the People and liberty would be well served if the discovery phase of these lawsuits were to be coordinated and handled by person(s) who know the rules and procedures and have extensive litigation experience.

      We would like to extend our educational activities to the courtrooms where the issue of the legal authority of the IRS is being played out. Testing the attitude of the judiciary can be very educational.

      The above three excerpts show that Bob understands how important the "attitude of the judiciary" is in his quest. After talking to him last week, I find that he knows that the "attitude of the judiciary" is what controls everything-- not just his cause.  As noted above, he acknowledges that the courts have the power to put an end to the unlawful tax program by ordering that due process of law be given. (In this case, having the other side answer Bob's questions, etc.)  He also acknowledges that the discovery phase must be conducted pursuant to established rules and procedures-- another matter for the courts.

      As events and initiatives unfold in the coming days each of us must ask, "What does a free people do when faced with governmental tyranny and the loss of rights, liberties and freedoms?" How should the People respond?

      More importantly, "How will I respond? What personal responsibility do I have to help end this tyranny? How important is this in my life or my children's lives? Am I willing to live as a slave? Am I willing to tolerate a government that acts outside the law? Am I willing to commit my children into a future of slavery because I was too comfortable or too scared?

      These are questions all of us must face. In his speech last week, when describing his "plan of action" (cross-country caravan), he said he didn't know what else to do. He said the answer will be in "numbers"  --the people en masse converging on D.C.  Well, that will certainly be "The Voice of The People" live and "in person" --but will that be enough to resolve the impasse (penetrate the stone wall)?

      One thing that it will do, as Bob acknowledged, is be a physical force to loudly and clearly sound the alarm to wake up the people across the country-- that this country is indeed in the midst of a constitutional crisis that will only get worse if the people don't act-- NOW!  It will be a Clarion Call to usher in J.A.I.L.!

      Yes, folks, the Bigger Picture is coming into view. I can see all of this working together for VICTORY!  Again, our gratitude to Bob Schulz and his organization for what they are doing to bring this crisis to public attention!  As Bob said, "We're on the same page."

      Bob Schulz may be reached at : bob@...

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org