New Oklahoma Citizen's Task Force Created

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 7:12 PM
      Los Angeles, California                                                  July 26, 2002

      New Oklahoma
      Citizen's Task Force Created

      Carl Weston, ugh@..., a former J.A.I.L. member since June 26, 2000, has resigned from J.A.I.L. and has gone to fill a government position as chair of a newly created Oklahoma Citizen's Task Force Committee.

      Carl requested, and was sent the Oklahoma J.A.I.L. Initiative prior to leaving J.A.I.L. His goal, along side of J.A.I.L.'s continued effort to pass the Oklahoma J.A.I.L. Initiative, will be to make appropriate recommendations to the Oklahoma Legislature on how to clean up fraud and corruption within the judicial and Oklahoma Bar Association.

      This is a noble goal facing Mr. Weston, however, it is believed that the recommendations he would have to make to solve fraud and corruption within Oklahoma's judicial and Bar Association would be more than the political system would be willing to pay.

      The question is, will the Oklahoma Legislature be willing to relinquish their control to an autonomous Statewide Citizen's Special Grand Jury system having full and plenary powers over the state's judiciary. Anything short of such measure will only create a temporary window dressing that will meet the same demise as when Californians in 1960 demanded and created the first of its kind in this nation citizen's Commission on Judicial Qualifications.

      This commission was later renamed "Commission on Judicial Performance," and the results turned out to be a dismal failure to California, with this commission diligently defending judicial corruption to the hilt. It has become the object of public disgrace and criticism by both citizens and attorneys alike.

      Oklahoma, following California's pattern, likewise created its Judicial Commission which has likewise become nothing but a cover for judicial corruption in Oklahoma that has become a public disgrace.

      -Ron Branson-
      Author/Founder J.A.I.L.

      Oklahoma State Senate
      Communications Division
      State Capitol
      Oklahoma City, OK  73105
      405-524-0126

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 7/17/2002

      Senate Leader Announces
      Task Force on Domestic Law

      (Oklahoma City) The leader of the Oklahoma State Senate has created a
      special citizens task force to examine issues related to the legal system and domestic law.

      State Senate President Pro Tempore Stratton Taylor announced the creation of the panel Wednesday, saying it will be charged with recommending improvements in the legal system.

      The Senate leader appointed Carl Weston of Claremore to act as chairman of the citizens` task force. Weston, who heads an organizations called "DADS," has been active in domestic custody issues for a number of years. His work on the subject was recently profiled in a Tulsa World article.

      The task force will be composed entirely of private citizens. It will report its findings to the Oklahoma Legislature when state lawmakers reconvene for the 2003 legislative session next February.

      -End-

      JUDICIAL COURT REFORM OF OKLAHOMA
      EXECUTIVE ORDER
      July 8, 2002

      Whereas the Oklahoma State Senate recognizes that there is a great
      need to thoroughly analyze and reform laws, rules, procedures, statues,
      codes, canons and titles governing the administration of our courts in
      this state, there is hereby created a citizens' task force to conduct such
      a review.

      The task force will become effective on July 15, 2002. It will be charged
      with conducting the research necessary to submit recommendations to
      the Oklahoma Legislature on this issue.

      The task force will perform the following duties and be governed by the
      following stipulations:

      1) Review all laws, rules, procedures, statues, codes, canons and titles regarding the need for court reform and make recommendations to the Legislature concerning changes in the same.

      2) Explore the promotion of greater equity in the administration of our Courts & Justice for all in the State of Oklahoma.

      3) Review the judicial system's role in this issue and make recommendations addressing the need for reform of the administration of Justice for all.

      4) Review the legal and judicial system including involvement of the
      Oklahoma Bar Association [OBA] of fraud, cover-up and/or corruption.

      5) The President Pro Tempore of the Senate shall appoint the members including a Chairman and Co-Chairman of the task force, with the total task force to not be more than 10 members.

      6) The task force shall be eligible for mileage and per diem reimbursement at the approved state rate.

      7) The task force shall make it's report to the President Pro Tempore
      and the full Senate and House of Representatives no later than January 15, 2003. It shall also present it`s findings to the Senate Judiciary Committee by no later than February 15, 2003.

                         8th                  July
       Dated this_____day of ___________, 2002.

      [signed]
      STRATTON TAYLOR
      President Pro Tempore

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.net
      "Give me your substance, and I will give you America." - Ron Branson