FREEDOM

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 1:29 PM
      Freedom

      ON FREEDOM
      - James Russell Lowell

      They are slaves who fear to speak
      For the fallen and the weak;
      They are slaves who will not choose
      Hatred, scoffing, and abuse,
      Rather than in silence shrink
      From the truth they needs must think;
      They are slaves who dare not be
      In the right with two or three.

      "When the American spirit was in its youth, LIBERTY, sir, was the primary objective."  PATRICK HENRY, Revolutionary War patriot.

      THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER-
      Francis Scott Key

      4TH STANZA...

      Oh, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
      Between their loved homes and the war's desolation;
      Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
      Praise the power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
      Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
      And this be our motto; "IN GOD IS OUR TRUST!"
      And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
      O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?

      LIBERTY BELL
      Located in Philadelphia-
      Signing of the Declaration of Independence- inscribed,
       "Proclaim Liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants
      thereof." (Leviticus XXV.10)

      DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE- JULY 4, 1776-
      The freedom of the United States proclaimed.  Excerpts...

      "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. That they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life...  and,

      "...We, Therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions..."

      WILLIAM PENN,  "Those people who are not governed by GOD will be ruled by tyrants."

      ARTICLE 1 - U.S. BILL OF RIGHTS -
      "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
      prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

      THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION-

      "... by the unanimous consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America..."

      The Pledge of Allegiance

      "I pledge Allegiance to the Flag
      of the United States of America,
      and to the Republic for which it stands,
      One Nation under God, indivisible,
      with Liberty and Justice for all."

      OUR FATHERS FOUGHT FOR LIBERTY
      - James Russell Lowell