* J.A.I.L. Will Return Due Process

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 9:10 PM

      Los Angeles, California                                              July 6, 2002

      J.A.I.L. Will Return Due Process
      Sent to J.A.I.L. by Steven-Bryant Dempsey,
      Lt. JIC of Nevada J.A.I.L., captaintruth14@...,
      who asks
      Can "DUE PROCESS" be returned to Nevada, State?
      (If "the people" demand it?)

      From: Janine Hansen [email not given]
      Subject: Court rules against BLM in Holmgren case

      Nevada Committee for Full Statehood
      P.O. Box 656, Sparks, Nevada 89432
      775-352-8262, fax 775-356-0727
      June 21, 2002

      BLM CONFISCATION STAYED
      For Immediate Release:

      The Board of Land Appeals of the U.S. Department of the Interior in Washington, D.C. has issued a Stay Order in the Nevada Bureau of Land Management’s efforts to seize the cattle of Mineral County ranchers David Jackie Holmgren.

      The Order, signed by Administrative Judge F.W. Mullen, observed, "A hearing has not been held and the Holmgrens have not been afforded an opportunity to present evidence."

      The Order shows that the case started on May 25, 2000, with a BLM "decision" to remove cattle from the Holmgren’s ranch. The BLM told the Holmgrens, "You appealed this decision and requested a stay. The appeal is still pending."

      Then, on January 26, 2001, the BLM tried again to take cattle form the Holmgren’s ranch telling the Holmgens: "You appealed this decision and requested a stay… The appeal is still pending."

      On February 7, 2002, the BLM "decided" again to grab the cattle on the Holmgren’s ranch, which the Holmgrens also appealed and moved to stay on May 20 2002.

      Finally, on June 4, 2002, the proceedings were stayed because the Holmgrens had never been afforded due process and an opportunity to be heard.

      "This case is both encouraging and alarming," said Chris Johnson of Elko, Chairman of the Nevada Committee for Full Statehood.

      "It is encouraging in that at last, after over two years’ effort and hundreds of pages of exhibits and cases, the Holmgrens point was recognized that they had never been heard," said Johnson.

      "It is alarming that it took so long. In the meantime, Ben Colvin’s cattle have been seized and sold—without a hearing. Raymond Yowell’s cattle have been seized and sold without a hearing," continued Johnson.

      "Due process is what we’re all supposed to have: All the time, everywhere, and BEFORE our property is taken. But Nevada appears to lack judges, either appointed or elected, who will insist on fundamental principles of law and fairness," observed Johnson.

      "It is distressing that Nevada citizens are having to sue to get their State officeholders to do what the Constitution requires all of us to do—"support the U.S. Constitution," said Johnson.

      Johnson was referring to a suit against the Nevada Department of Agriculture for failing to protect Nevada ranchers by enforcing Nevada’s branding laws. Yowell denies authorizing anyone to sing for him as the owner of his cattle. A BLM bureaucrat signed as Yowell’s "authorized agent," when he had no authorization from Yowell to do so.

      "This is government financed lawlessness by power hungry bureaucrats," declared Johnson.

      "We must pass legislation next session that will enforce Nevada’s right to be a 100% State and direct local officials to protect the property and liberty of Nevada citizens," concluded Johnson.
      [We recommend they also pass J.A.I.L. to solve this problem]

      For further information contact:
      David and Jackie Holmgren 775-530-5313,
      O.Q. Chris Johnson 775-934-6302,
      Janine Hansen 775-382-8262 or 355-0407.