Why I Joined J.A.I.L.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 10:57 PM
      Los Angeles, California                                                    July 5, 2002

      Why I Joined J.A.I.L.,
      and Have Become a JAILer.

      I have a medical background. My profession is National Registered Medical Assistant NRMA. I have worked as a Nurse, Medical Tech, Medical Records. I have done front and back office work. I have taken X-rays, given shots, etc. I am a fast learner and there is nothing I won't try to learn. If you can use any of my skills, I will be more than thrilled to help out.

       I recently applied for guardianship of my mom, and it was illegally taken from me by the Public Guardian of the Probate Court Judge. The judge was on the Board of the Public Guardian. After the court hearing, my attorney told me she is a guardian under this same service.

      I was told that Public Guardians needed all the wards they could get as the service was hurting for money. Mom went to the nursing home for therapy for severe back strain. I have always taken care of my mom who was 66yrs of age, and I knew my mom was physically hurt, not mentally impaired. The nursing home doctor put mom on antipsychotic and CNS drugs. I insisted mom be taken to hospital, and she was.

      Mom was returned to the nursing home, and within 10 days she had the same symptoms. She was sent back to a different hospital, where mom slipped into coma, and the Doctor had to give her something to counteract the drugs. Mom then woke up okay. They did a test and found that mom was normal.

      The releasing doctor said mom could not take any mind-altering drugs and he would put that in her chart. I was going to bring mom home and take care of her myself, but the court would not let me. Mom was returned to the nursing home where that put her back on the mind-altering drugs again.

      This time mom never got better from the drugs. My mom died with a diagnoses of end stage dementia on March 28, 2002. Mom knew when someone visited her who cared about her, and who didn't. She would cry and say she wanted to go home with me and my sister. She'd beg us to take her home with us. She said they were going to let her die and she didn't want to die. The hospice people and nursing staff heard mom say this.

      The Guardian got mad because I contacted the court, so she restrained my sister and I from coming to the nursing home. This is the reason I am taking up the J.A.I.L. cause. I believe anyone who does an injustice to another person should be held accountable. No one is above the law or God. Humans should have to answer to a human justice. God will do the spiritual justice.

      Beverly Donias, bdonias@... of Fort Worth, TX.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.net