* *Autonomy of Grand Juries In Today's System Is A Myth

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                           May 11, 2002

      Autonomy of Grand Juries In Today's System Is A Myth

      J.A.I.L. was sent excerpts from the 1982 petition dealing with the Federal Grand Jury in Utah investigating the Federal Reserve. It is quite enlightening of the truth about government control of the Federal Grand Jury and we felt that it should be shared with our readers. The same is true of County Grand Juries. They are used as a tool of the County Prosecutor. Grand Juries are not allowed to exercise their lawful autonomous authority. Things will be different with J.A.I.L. The statewide Special Grand Juries consisting of nongovernment members will be acting in their autonomous capacity without governmental interferenceIf you have further questions, contact FRANKKJV@....

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org