"Give Me Liberty!"

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 4:58 PM
      Los Angeles, California                                                April 22, 2002

      "Give Me Liberty!"

      It is so often that we are confronted with the argument that those of us who are JAILers just don't know how to use the legal system to acquire justice, and that if we will only say certain magical words, the judges will hear our pleas, and grant our redresses of grievances. To them we say, "The definition of insanity is to repeat the same tried actions, but expecting a different result."

      The below is taken [and slightly altered] from Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty" speech.

      Shall we try argument? We have been trying that for years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to continued entreaty and humble supplication in our courts? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted?

      Let us not deceive ourselves. We have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the system, and have implored its interposition to arrest these tyrants. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded.

      If we wish to be free-- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable rights to which we have been so long contending-- if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long accustomed, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight! I repeat it sir, we must fight!

      Larken Rose
      larken@...

      The only way to fight the system is from without the system, for to do otherwise is but a futile act. Any fool can learn from his own experience, but a wise man will learn from the experience of others. Absolutely ever forum of redress was touched upon prior to the creation of JAIL4Judges. Don't be a fool by trying to re-invent the wheel. Learn your lesson from the experience of another.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org

      striking at the root."                         -- Henry David Thoreau

      "Pledge me your lives, your fortunes, and your sacred honor,
      and I will give you your country!"                -Ron Branson  <><