It's The BAR! It's The BAR!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                                April 14, 2002
      It's The BAR!  It's The Bar!
      "This is for your perusal and comment. I believe we must WHIP the BAR, first and foremost. At the root of all evil and oppression lies the (U.N.) American BAR Association, whose members are Conspirators on a grand
      scale. As a matter of fact, I state emphatically that the BAR is THE prime
      and most pervasive Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization ever to infest American soil."
                               - Wayne Blanchard, Sui Juris  wayne_rb@...
      J.A.I.L. constantly receives pronouncements such as the above, encouraging us to refocus our efforts at BAR members as the prime target. Some of our otherwise allies have forsaken J.A.I.L. because "we just will never learn."
      One of our own, Henry Nicolle, a J.A.I.L. Warden, and a California  Associate JAILer-In-Chief, and the National J.A.I.L. Webmaster General, likewise has been bombarded with this outcry, and he responds as per below. (Slight editorial liberty has been taken.)   -Ron Branson

      I receive a lot of notes asking that I endorse, comment on, or study  theories explaining why we are in the mess we are in today. Since I've been in a JAIL4Judges writing mode for a couple days, I am taking this opportunity to address the "BAR" conspiracy message, because my answer is the same for most of the conspiracies that can be conjured from the dregs of American history, commerce and politics. The final answer is that the claims of conspiracy may as well all be true. So What? Our individual and social self-determination starts, continues or ends with us... and so with each new generation.
      The errors of the past end with corrective actions by us, personally and individually, today; or they will continue unabated by our personal inaction. This is what we pursue with JAIL4Judges... correction and action.

      Regardless of the influence of members of the BAR or their association
      with our governing institutions, they do not make the law, nor do they
      judge the law. These duties fall within our sole authority as the Citizens who
      have created our governments. We merely delegate power to exercise authority in these matters to our institutional representatives and courts. The various BARs are subordinate legal entities, the creations of some law or other.

      The problem attributed to the BAR (which could be equally applied to any
      professional or political association) is not properly laid at the feet of the BAR, but should rightfully be placed on the heads of corrupt public  officials. Any personal association they may have with the BAR is
      The BAR is the beneficiary of corrupt officials, not the origin of the crime. BAR and other associations are therefore paper tigers.
      JAIL4Judges advocates have studied these problems and we believe that at
      the core of our Constitutional Republic foundation, we omitted the critical
      control feature of Citizen control. Once we authorize representation, we
      have little control over its exercise. The JAIL4Judges proposal attacks
      the root of the problem, which is lack of personal accountability by judicial
      I will explain.

      The JAIL4Judges advocates contend that at the heart of our numerous
      governing problems, we have a sound foundation for self-government, but
      that our government actors have used the two hundred-odd years of our common complacency to subvert our presumptions of self-governing and to presume powers not granted to them.

      In our concept of self government, there are several distinct and  fundamental features:
      1. The People are the true sovereign. The "People" are the Citizens of the
      2. Our governments, without exception, are constitutional republics. There
      is not a true democracy among the lot of them.
      3. The functions of our governments are defined and the lawful powers for
      their exercise are limited by the terms of our constitutions. What powers we
      have not delegated, we have implicitly withheld or positively denied.
      4. Representatives, some laws, some taxes and some policies are selected
      and directed by the People.
      5. If the individuals who represent and act for the People abuse their
      delegations of authority, the People have various institutional remedies for
      discipline or removal of the offenders.
      6. If, in the opinion of the People, institutional remedies are insufficient, the sole direct remedy by the people is to select another candidate for that office at a periodic election, or in some local instances, to stand a special elective recall to remove or replace a specific official.
      7. Misconduct by the great majority of government actors is separated from
      any direct ability of the People to intervene.
      8. All executive, legislative, judicial, criminal, civil, commercial, private and political controversies find their final institutional conclusions in our courts.
      9. Our judicial officers, to maintain judicial independence, are unaccountable directly to the People.
      Item 9 is where the rubber meets the road.
      If judicial actors (as we know from our practical experience) are immune from political accountability, they are also immune to personal accountability for misconduct. This we now observe to be the fact. We also note that petty opportunists, such as the BAR and various other  "professional" associations are be quick to exploit the personal weaknesses and failings of judicial officers.

      Therefore, we propose to strike at the root of the problem. JAIL4Judges
      proposes that we bring judicial officers to account directly to their  constituents for perceived misconduct when institutional remedies fail. If  the judges are forced to obey the standards as enforced by the People, the offenders of the BAR and other abusers of the public authority cannot stand. The judiciary will not condone them. Improper political and institutional influence must fail when the People judge the judges. If the judiciary is properly instructed and well disciplined, it is inevitable that the remainder of governing actors will be so managed and obedient to the People's will and guidance.

      When office holders betray their public trust, when they act under the color of law, or otherwise engage in misconduct in the exercise of delegated powers, it is the individual who must be disciplined. Government can harm no person, except by the acts of people acting in government. It is the duty of the People to act to preserve their ultimate authority by removing Rebellious or inept servants.

      The essence and function of the JAIL4Judges proposal is to bring the
      efficiency of direct Citizen review to controversial behavior in the judiciary, and by this direct review, provide a final and powerful review of all government acts, regardless of machination for circumvention of the
      Citizens by our representatives, officials and employees.

      It is my hope that the citizenry will reconsider their focus of discontent and place the onus where it properly belongs. Criminals are opportunists. Where there is power without personal repercussion, there is opportunity for corruption. Where there is corruption and power there is opportunity for exploitation. Remove the corrupt actors from our institutions and there will remain little opportunity for questionable behavior by the BAR or any others who may be tempted by corrupt opportunity.
      Henry Nicolle

      Not in a spirit of boastfulness, but in the spirit of humility in propagating  truth, J.A.I.L. is the only political organization that strikes a single blow at  the heart of the problem -- accountability of the judiciary to a pure open citizenry body.
      It is for this reason we say, "J.A.I.L. is self-evident truth which cannot be denied!"  It is for this very reason that J.A.I.L. is destined to become the organization of all organizations, the summation of all causes, and the standard of maintaining all standards!  "It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth: But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it." Mark 4:31, 32.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org