The Race For Idaho Has Now Begun

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 1:13 AM
      Los Angeles, California                                               March 5, 2002

      The Race For
      50,000 Idaho Signatures Has Now Begun

      In Idaho's effort to be the first among the fifty states to place the Judicial Accountability Initiative Law (J.A.I.L.) on their ballot, the JAILers have kicked off their March tour of Idaho led by their JAILer-In-Chief (JIC) Rose Johnson.

      It was only recently on November 29, 2001, that this door of opportunity in Idaho was opened by a victory in Federal District Court by the ruling of Judge Lynn Winmill who issued a 17-page decision finding that the  Idaho law passed by the Legislature in 1997 was unconstitutional. This statute required 6 percent of the registered votes to sign on in each Idaho county. However, since over 60 percent of Idaho´s population resides in just 9 of the state´s 44 counties, it would be easy to envision a situation where three-fourths of Idaho´s voters could sign a petition but fail to get it on the ballot because they could not collect 6 percent of the vote in rural counties.

      Since the passage of that 1997 law, there has not been one initiative to reach the ballot in Idaho. But those days are now over, and Idaho J.A.I.L. is taking advantage of it.

      The Idaho team will be in St. Maries on March 8th at noon, and will proceed through the towns of Moscow, Grangeville, Emmett, Boise, Twin Falls, Burley, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Challis and Salmon throughout the first half of the month. You are encouraged to call (208) 773-6274 and to get involved. Although out-of-state persons are not able to sign the petition, citizens may legally come from other states and help in the collection of these signatures. Many workers are needed here.

      How important is this matter? J.A.I.L. promises to be the most important and controversial issue to hit the voters since the days of our Founding Fathers. J.A.I.L. will fundamentally amend Idaho's Constitution to place 25 "Joe Six-Pack" Citizens drawn by lottery to oversee the conduct of all Idaho's judges, an idea heretofore unheard of, and which very idea terrorizes the establishment.

      With the passage of J.A.I.L. in Idaho, it will start the collapse of the house of cards called "judicial immunity" that exists also in all the other 49 states that has been set up by the judiciary for their protection against civil liability.

      Rose Johnson believes it is high-time for change, and now is that time! She asks you to join her in initiating the next shot to be heard round the world, a move that will shake up all the states, and which will reverberate in the halls of Congress. Her philosophy is, "If not Now, When? And if not You, Who?" People sit around and complain about their situation, but here is an opportunity to actually change it! Put down those remote controls, get off your butt, slip on those walking shoes and hit the pavement with the J.A.I.L. Team for signatures. Have fun educating  people. J.A.I.L. presents a unique new message that stands apart from the common politics everyone is bombarded with. It is a message that is pleasant to the ears and refreshing to the soul.

      Rose Johnson may be reached by email at PayvedWay@....

                    -Ron Branson-
      National J.A.I.L. Commander-In-Chief

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org