The "Holodeck Law"

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2002

      Los Angeles, California                                          February 22, 2002

      Holodeck Law -- Litigation Vortex
      By Attorney Linda L. Kennedy

      The "Holodeck Law" where nothing is as it appears, and where the plaintiff is never to be seen again -- with money.

      When you voluntarily go into court you will find that many times, you will lose even though the law is clearly on your side.  Then, after the loss, due to your sense of right and wrong, you begin filing lawsuits or complaints against judges, you appeal decisions, and spend time and other resources thinking of other legal strategies for seeking recourse, etc.

      In essence, everyone is asking the judges to find themselves corrupt, and this logically just will not happen. Even worse, they become occupied for years on a coarse that costs them money and keeps them busy with very little to show for it, except perhaps high blood pressure. Most often, they become more broke than when they innocently started their path many years before. Simply stated, this is what I call the "Litigation Vortex" where nothing is as it appears and where the plaintiff is never to be seen again--with money.

      I will tell you that I have actually found ways to win in court. It is not impossible, but unless you know the "real" rules of court, you will not be able to endure and succeed in it. This strategy takes a lot of understanding of the facts, the law, and the real strategies of the opposition. It requires
      a thorough understanding of the overall corruptness of the system, and an understanding of military strategies. It  becomes very case specific and tailored and must be tweaked as the case progresses.  I will tell you that this strategy is also a very dangerous one, especially for lawyers who use it, since by implementing it, you are  showing the other side that you know their game and are not willing to play. An attorney or citizen may get to use this strategy between two to four times before he/she is exposed as the enemy of the state (not playing along with their game on their court or turf).  This is when they will implement the "and two" part of the "Triangle and Two Defense," which I discuss elsewhere.

      These submissions are vignettes which I hope will help you understand where you are in your litigation, what happened if you are already through your litigation nightmare, or will help you understand that this battle has to be fought off of the courts' turf.

      This writing is fairly short and not all inclusive, but I think it will help us be more effective and help us not continue doing the same things our poor predecessor citizens have unsuccessfully tried because they did not understand the real rules or the real game. We must know what the opposition is doing, so that we know how to combat it in all legal, nonviolent ways available.

      "THE STORY OF THE LITIGATION VORTEX"

      To summarize the "Litigation Vortex," whether you enter in willingly (suckered though naively -- don't feel bad, attorneys have done it too), or whether you get sucked into the vortex (like some alleged "criminals" and some attorneys on alleged "disciplinary" charges), you enter into the "legal holodeck" where nothing is as it appears.

      You are a hard working man, hardly ever missed a day of work in your life. Unsuspectingly, you are in the legal system where your grade school teacher taught you justice would be served. You learn to research your case, and try to make everyone understand your facts and why justice should be served by finding in your favor. Initially, everyone seems to understand. The Judge, and sometimes even the opposing attorney appear to want to understand and get to justice . . . and the clerk was so pleasant. You know she saw that you were an honest man.  And the "legal holodeck" stage is set. . .

      Having no reason not to believe what you heard in grade school was absolutely true, you spend your money on filings, legal advise (even if an attorney will not take the case), or legal fees, if an attorney will take it. Sometimes you even "count yourself blessed" that you have found an attorney who is willing to help you -- so you think. You know your case is a slam-dunk win. And thus the curtain of the court-holodeck opens and the bait-and-switch begins . . .

      Certainly the first couple of rulings must have been a misunderstanding you think. I have to do more legal research and write more clearly you may tell yourself. They will certainly see that I have been wronged. So you continue to spend your money, and your time. You even miss increasing amounts of work because you are in this thing to right a wrong just like your grade school teacher has taught you. You certainly can't turn around now--you've come too far, and you are just getting the hang of the legal research.

      You may still cry when the National Anthem is sung--and you certainly put your hand over your heart like any good American would. Perhaps you even fought to defend our freedom like so many honorable men and women like you have. By now, they have you in the clutches of the "Double B." What is the "Double B" you ask? "Busy and Broke!" Due to the bait and switch maneuver, you are now on the defense even though you are listed as the plaintiff.  Next comes the final preparations for the dog and pony show -- the final preparation for your day in court on  the holodeck stage -- and the implementation of the "Triple C" is ripe and ready . . .

      As you get thoroughly busy and go more broke trying to answer the defense's frivolous motions, you continuously have to show that it is they that have lied, and not you, as they have accused you. You spend day and night trying to explain yourself to the court. You answer their accusations by repeatedly explaining, for example, that you did not claim your wife on your income tax form because she did not work; or that you injured your back 10 years ago in a LEGITIMATE workers' compensation injury, or that you and your wife went to a marriage counselor 15 years ago after your youngest son died.

      Yes, the "Triple C" is being implemented against you just in its proper time. What is the "Triple C" you ask again?  This is when good citizens, who's only crime is that they naively asked the courts to rule justly, are made into either (1) criminals (who will believe him, he is a criminal tax-evader), (2) con-man (who will believe him, he lied on his tax return, and was a malingerer from work), and/or (3) c(k)ooks (who would believe him, he went to a shrink and is a paranoid delusional--(get an I.M.E.--[Independent Medical Exam] quick and get this psycho diagnosed. "Call some doctor who needs our repeat business," yells the defense attorney back stage). The "Double B Triple C" is in full effect now.

      You are not only exhausted, but now you have to worry about your reputation, the IRS audit that is bound to happen due to the allegations made, or an insurance company claiming you were fraudulent in that workers' compensation injury so long ago. As the labyrinth of the Litigation Vortex sucks you down further and further into its clutches, you can no longer see the path in which to exit. "What have I gotten myself into, and how did I get here," you think as your friends start expressing that maybe you are a little too obsessed about your case?

      As soon as the dust settles, albeit for a moment, you finally begin to realize that maybe your grade school teacher missed something. By then you are thoroughly engulfed in the "Litigation Vortex" and the only way out is to ask your "mast-a" if it please the court, if you could be excused from the case. The Judge rules that you are dropping the case as he slams down his loaded gavel. You then learn that you are indeed a money maker --but for the other side as he rules that you must pay the other side's legal fees for filing such a frivolous law suit in the first place. (Usually known as displaying "vexatious conduct"), and in confusion and with a cold, tightly knotted anger in the pit of your stomach which will not go away, you quietly and sadly bend your knee and humbly go back to picking the "master's" cotton.

      And so it goes with the Litigation Vortex on the stage of the holodeck court where nothing is as it appears, and where a plaintiff is never to be seen again--with money.

      This description of course, is just the beginning of the Vortex, because now, you decide you are going to appeal, file a complaint against the judge, and continue asking the judges to find themselves corrupt.  Although you now know that your grade school teacher was wrong, there is still something in you that cannot accept it. So you continue in the Vortex. I liken these subsequent filings to someone who is a compulsive gambler who only wants to win his money back. His biggest problem is that he has not realized that the odds are against him and that the deck has been stacked.

      We must not be like that gambler who refuses to accept reality. We must know that in the "Holodeck Law" the odds are against us and the deck is stacked in the Litigation Vortex.

      In the "Triangle and Two Defense," which I have written, which may be particularly interesting for anyone who has ever played basketball I try to help you learn who your real enemy is. I describe who really has you turned upside down in the centrifuge of the court while you spin violently until every last dime is centrifugally spun from your pockets. Thanks and I hope you now understand the Story of the "Litigation Vortex."

      When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.  When I became a man (or woman), I put childish ways behind me. I Cor. 13: 11

      Copywrite, 2001, Linda L. Kennedy, Esq.,
      Virginia JAILer

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org