J.A.I.L. Appears at Libertarian State Convention

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2002

      Los Angeles, California                                    February 19, 2002

      JAILphoneCards

      J.A.I.L. Appears at
      Libertarian Convention

      On behalf of National J.A.I.L. we extend our gratitude to William J. Wagener of Santa Maria, California, for inviting me to be a guest speaker at the California State Convention of the Libertarian Party this past weekend. Barbie and I were very nicely accommodated for two nights at the Santa Maria Inn which hosted the convention. I had the honor of speaking on both Saturday and Sunday about J.A.I.L. and our message was very well received by the audience. I had the opportunity of meeting and speaking before three of the four current candidates for LP National Chair. After speaking, I took interesting questions from the audience.

      The attendees generally had no trouble understanding the need for J.A.I.L. and what the program is about. They were certainly "in tune" with the J.A.I.L. mission and focus. As we walked around, people would stop us and comment "Oh, you're with JAIL4Judges."  It was obvious that we weren't strangers to many there, and many receive our J.A.I.L. News Journals.

      Two special speakers there were Congressman Ron Paul and Ward Connerly, member of the Board of Regents of U.C.L.A.  Ron Paul spoke of how the Constitution has little respect in Washington, D.C., and is only a document of convenience.

      At the final dinner, we distributed J.A.I.L. cards to everyone attending (about 175) and all were enthusiastic and happy to get it. We collected about a dozen business cards from those who asked to be placed on J.A.I.L.'s mailing list, plus about another dozen or so names written down on a sheet of paper. Many of them said they would spread the word about J.A.I.L. to others they know.

      We were especially blessed when meeting and talking at length with the Treasurer for the Convention, Vern Dahl, who agreed after hearing our program that he, or his friend, also listening, would become the J.A.I.L.  Warden for San Luis Obispo County. Without hesitation, he drew out his wallet and made a substantial donation for J.A.I.L.'s cause. We offered him, and he accepted, a J.A.I.L. T-shirt. Vern's email address is vrdahl@...

      I was also pleased to meet for the first time and shake hands with Professor Stephen Baskerville of Washington D.C. who has been on the J.A.I.L. email list for a long time. He was the featured speaker at Sunday's dinner and he presented a lot of information and documentation about unrefutable evidence of corruption in our courts. One was left with the clear persuasion that we are currently in a national judicial crisis even greater than that posed by the World Trade Center that has changed America, and that decisive action must be taken.

      All in all it was a very memorable weekend. The entire event was video-taped and will be going out to thousands. Mr. Wagener assured me that my presentation on J.A.I.L. will be shown on his TV program "On Second Thought" which reaches 140,000 people.

      Bill Wagener ("BJ" as he is called) bjwagener@... deserves all of our thanks on behalf of J.A.I.L. for his interest and dedication to this cause.

      -Ron Branson-
      National J.A.I.L.
      Commander-In-Chief