Government's War On Poverty

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                          February 19, 2002

      Government's War On Poverty
      "We don't like homeless people!"

      In this day and age, it is no secret that government has been "declaring war" on may fronts. Basically, this one could be defined as a "War On People," that is if we consider the poor to be "People," -- or is it that government does not consider the poor to be "People?"

      Today, Tuesday, February 19, Attorney Jon Alexander of Dana Point California will defend three grandmothers who have been criminally charged by the City of Buena Park for falling asleep in their cars while outside pastor Wiley Drake's First Southern Baptist Church at 6801 Western Ave.

      For all three of these homeless ladies, this is their first time to be in
      trouble with the law. They are each facing six months in jail, and/or a $1,000.00 fine if convicted. (Government's solution to being poor.)

      The ladies were told to "go anywhere, as long as it is out of Buena Park, go to Fullerton, Cypress, or Anaheim, we don't like homeless people." Now pray tell, why don't they like "homeless people?" Is this not class discrimination by government, and does it not suggest conversely that they love the rich? "The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined." PS. 10:2. "For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him." Ps. 12:5.
      Wiley Drake, our faithful Orange County J.A.I.L. Warden, requests people to call Buena Park's mayor, Patsy Marshall at her home and let her know how you feel about her distaste for poor homeless people.  Mayor Patsy Marshall's home phone number is (714) 670-0178. Wiley Drake says, for the benefit of those who are squeamish, her number is in the public telephone directory.

      Greg, "Catman" Palmer is the City Prosecutor (714) 562-3901 who likened the homeless poor to "stray cats" in a derogatory manner. He just wants to drive them away. But as I understand the problem, it is government manipulation that is expanding the population of the poor and homeless. This is like one who poops on his own floor and then complains of the smell. Government does not like its own work product. If government has its way, it would assure everyone will be poor and homeless.

      Ah, but let's not forget that God pronounces a special curse upon those who persecute the poor.
      Wiley Drake says you may contact Defense Attorney Jon Alexander at (949) 388-8311, or himself, Wiley Drake, at (714) 865-8132.

      Pastor Drake will broadcast live outside the courthouse today. -- A judge's personal court order against Wiley prevents him from entering  the courthouse, although all other media is welcomed, and does enter the courthouse as they please.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org