** Due Process Is Broken

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                    February 6, 2002

      Due Process Is Broken
      (A response by Henry Jake Morgan, henrymorgan1@...)

      You bet I'm berating the "so-called" "patriots."  They are, while their hearts may be in the right place, as a rule, being so meatheaded about this as to be virtually useless in effecting a viable solution.  They are generally so enamoured of their pet theories that they refuse to see the forest for the trees. They each have a pet tree that they think is "the real deal", the net result of which is that they wind up in jail where they can't help even if they wanted to.

      Virtually ALL of the "patriot" theories dictate solutions which demand the use of due process and "DUE PROCESS IS BROKEN."  How many times are you going to beat your head against the wall (get screwed over by a judge) before you wake up to the fact that DUE PROCESS IS BROKEN and it can't be fixed by using BROKEN DUE PROCESS?

      Wake up and smell the coffee. GOVERNMENT IS BROKEN. And you can't fix broken government with broken government any more than you can fix a broken car with that same broken car. You've gotta fix a broken car with something senior to that broken car, like a wrench (that built the broken car to begin with.)

      You guys keep on running up the same cattle shute to a dead end over and over and over and over.  (I've been there and done that.) You keep trying new and more esoteric theories; you do research upon research, upon research. You think that you MUST be making some minor technical mistakes. You keep tweaking your paperwork, sharing "new and novel" "discoveries." Then you put together your ULTIMATE ULTIMATE package ......and do what?

      You put it right into that same broken cattle shute again and charge up san juan hill with all of your guns blazing and go right down the shute into the garbage bin again.

      When are you going to realize, it's not your cases that are lacking. IT'S THE SHUTE THATS BUSTED. Your "employees" have converted the due process shute into a garbage shute. Go ahead, keep jumping in the garbage shute if you want to. KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.

      Most so-called patriots have their heads so far up their butts that all they can see is their own teeth and tonsils. So much so that trying to get them to get behind a real solution (Like J.A.I.L. or FIJA) is not only a waste of time, but an actual obstruction (a rock in the road) to actually getting something worthwhile done. I don't even try to recruit them. (And I AM one, and know quite a few.) For every "patriot" out there, there are a thousand pissed off non-patriot folks who have been victimized by the courts and who are thunderstruck and overjoyed to just entertain the thought of putting some judge behind bars. I can recurit 100 of them while I'm arguing with one BULLHEADED PATRIOT.

      Their ("patriots") unwillingness (or inability) to recognize a viable solution when it comes along is MONUMENTAL.  They've all been looking at the problem for so long with a microscope that they have tunnelvision and can't or won't step back and look at the big picture. (Or they really, deep down, like things the way they are and actually don't want the problem solved at all.)

      The big picture is that the problem isn't a legal one. It is a political one. The constitutions must be amended. The People made the Constitution, and only The People can fix it. The plaintiff or defendant can't. It's that simple.

      So if you must insist on spending your life digging in lawbooks and living in jail cells - GO FOR IT. But quit whining about it. Shut up and let the rest of us get on with fixing the problem.

      LEAD,.......FOLLOW,.........OR GET ... OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!!

      Love,
      Jake

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org