J.A.I.L. Is!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                          February 11, 2002

      J.A.I.L. Is!

      There is a move now going on, motivated by frustration of no remedy, to unify all organizations that stand for liberty.  We The People Foundation states, "The Time Has Come For Us to Stand Together." We are told, "This is an appeal to all patriotic organizations across our nation that stand guard over the flame of liberty. We ask that you join us in this unprecedented effort to bring all major freedom organizations together with a common focus and purpose…to restore the authority of the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights as the foundation for our system of government in America." (The full text of their plea is found below our signature.*)

      There are even plans for a "kick-off" dinner in honor of this effort in Washington, D.C., "We The People Foundation would like to invite you and your senior representatives to be our guests at a private dinner and informal discussion session on February 27, 2002, at 6:00 p.m., at the Washington Marriott Hotel. We will have a guest dinner speaker, and afterwards conduct an open discussion of how freedom organizations can work together..."

      It is to this "unprecedented effort" to seek a common denominator of "restor[ing] the authority of the United States Constitution," I would like to speak.

      How, or by what means can any group of organizations "restore the authority of the United States Constitution?" Aside from God Himself, the U.S. Constitution is the final authority. Do you make all government officials swear by an oath to uphold and defend it before taking office? We already require that. Do we make them place their hand on a Bible and swear upon it? We do that too.

      The question this unprecedented effort must face is, "How do you make lawbreakers obey the law?" Is it by passing another law? No, for he who breaks one law will break another. If passing laws eliminated crime, then we would have no crime. But we have more laws now than at any time, and if we listen to some government statistics, we also have more crime than ever. So it is manifest that the answer to what these organizations seek is not new, more, or other laws.

      Dare I say, that if the Supreme Law of the Land has lost its authority, then there is no inferior law that could possibly be passed that would "restore the authority of the United States Constitution," yet this is precisely the purpose and goal of this "unprecedented effort" of organizations.

      If the answer is not in "law," then where is it?  This is the very first question that must be ascertained by this group of organizations, or else this entire "unprecedented effort" is in vain! It becomes just another dinner meeting with just another speaker, and a rehash of the old "Meet, Greet, Eat, and Retreat!" All that remains is just the boasting that they attended the meeting, but not one thing lasting or effective will come out of it. Ah yes! But it is another opportunity for everyone to come together and complain about their problems and how bad things are. They can share their horror stories with one another. Well, if this is the case, then one may as well stay at home and save their money.

      I ask the question again, "How is the purpose of this unprecedented group of organizations to be accomplished?" The answer must be directed squarely, and solely at the issue of accountability! There can be no other issue on the table, otherwise their goal shall fail. So the question then turns to "How can we make an unaccountable government accountable?" and we have ascertained that it cannot be done by passing new laws.

      If there is to be an answer to this question, it cannot be through the current existing system. It must come directly from "We the People" and be totally independent of "They the Government!"

      Ah! Now we are narrowing the focus a bit, and the question is raised, "How can We the People act independent of They the Government to bring about accountability?" I can think of only one practical way to do an end-run around the legislature, the executive, and the judicial branch of government without bloodshed, and that is through a Citizen's Initiative Ballot!

      Now we have ascertained the Objective and the Means for this "unprecedented effort" of organizations. But then comes the next logical question, "What should this initiative say that could possibly bring about accountability of an unaccountable government?" Good question.

      It is very clear that we cannot direct the wording of an initiative at the government itself saying "we demand our government be honest, forthright, and answer our petitions for redress of grievance," for we already have that in the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the very document to which this "unprecedented effort" is seeking to "restore" authority. Besides that, this very document itself sets forth the remedy that whenever government does not work, you have access to the judicial branch of government for redress of grievances.

      Ah, but you say, "The judicial branch does not work either, we've tried it!" Now we're closing our focus in on the real problem, and the question is now, "How can we hold the judiciary accountable, and through them,  all other government?" Just the question I was waiting to hear asked. But before I get into the answer to this question, I would like to cut away for a moment and come back to the answer to this question exactly four paragraphs down.

      The organizer of this "unprecedented effort" says, "If every freedom organization that usually concentrates on just one of the aforementioned rights [First Amendment, Second Amendment, Tenth Amendment, Sixteenth Amendment, etc.] decided to unite and focus on a single constitutional violation, consider the possibilities."

      Wait a minute-- "focus on a single constitutional violation?" I thought the goal of this group was to "restore the authority of the United States Constitution!" That's not a single violation, that's an entire document. Have we now shifted the objective? Should this group explore the question of which part of the Constitution it will focus upon, I can tell you right off the bat that they're in trouble going out the gate.

      Which part of the Constitution is the most important? Well, that will depend upon which organization you are speaking to. Rather than debate among yourselves which part of the Constitution is the greatest, let's get back to the original goal of "restor[ing] the authority of the United States Constitution!"
      Now for the answer to the question presented four paragraphs above: Since we have limited resources, we must think smart and focus our energy, resources and efforts on a single issue, judicial accountability! How can we write a single initiative that will create a citizens' oversight committee over all the nation's judges that will bring about judicial accountability, and thus, government accountability?

      Fear not, it has already been done. It is the "Judicial Accountability Initiative Law," and it is here now. All the work of the goal of this "unprecedented effort" of organizations is already done. All that needs be done at this otherwise "Meet, Greet, Eat, and Retreat" group is to decide in unity to support the only way their goal can be accomplished. The Judicial Accountability Initiative Law (J.A.I.L.) is not inconsistent with any of the objectives of any of the organizations of this group. J.A.I.L. is the unifying factor, it is completely neutral, and advances the objective of all, to wit, the "resto[ration of] the authority of the United States Constitution!"

      Now, let me rephrase the above suggestion of what would happen if we "focused on a single constitutional violation" to "What would happen if we focused on a single select target initiative state with a single initiative of judicial accountability, and got it on the ballot in just one state?" Let me speculate: It would be the "Second Shot Heard Round The World."

      It would grab the attention of the media world wide. The judge's heads soon within that state would begin to roll, and the judges in other states would begin to pack their bags, or decide that the U.S. Constitution was not such a bad document after all. State after state would also adopt the same standard of judicial accountability until it overtook all fifty states and Congress.

      Redress of grievances against the government would be honored, and every government agency would find themselves having to justify before an honorable judge the Constitutional authority for their existence. The size of government would begin to melt, and Freedom and Liberty would begin to once again shine, and We the People would start rejoicing. Why fight for a "part" of the Constitution when you can have the whole thing, and retain a citizens' control over the courts while you are at it?

      To those who have an ear to hear, let them hear:
      • J.A.I.L. is the Common Denominator of all Organizations
      J.A.I.L. is the Unifier and the Cause of all Causes J.A.I.L. is the One size fits All J.A.I.L. is the Redress and the Enforcement J.A.I.L. is the Heart of all Accountability J.A.I.L. is the Missing Ingredient of our Constitution.
                  Ronald Branson
      National J.A.I.L. Commander-In-Chief

          Give me your resources &
           I will give you America

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org

      *  The Plea of "We The People, Inc."

      February 2, 2002

      An Appeal to Every Organization That Stands For Liberty

      The Time Has Come For Us to Stand Together

      I am writing this letter to ask for your help.

      As you may know, We The People Foundation For Constitutional Education, Inc. has been working diligently for years to expose the grave danger that bloated, wasteful and out-of-control government poses to our unalienable rights as Americans. This appeal is being sent to the leaders of every major organization that is fighting to defend our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and ultimately, the very survival of our Republic.

      Who can deny that we have reached a critical juncture in the life of our Country? The size, scope and power of the federal government have become so vast that virtually every aspect of our lives is monitored, regulated, documented and controlled. We are asking those organizations, like yours, that have been courageously leading the fight for freedom and the return to our nation's founding principles, to now stand together and speak with a common voice.

      Notwithstanding our different and sometimes competing missions, we must acknowledge that divided and separate, we will never achieve the critical mass or the momentum required to restore our rightful liberty. We must acknowledge that academic rhetoric and abstract political debate have failed to hold our servant government in check.

      This is an appeal to all patriotic organizations across our nation that stand guard over the flame of liberty. We ask that you join us in this unprecedented effort to bring all major freedom organizations together with a common focus and purpose…to restore the authority of the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights as the foundation for our system of government in America.

      We The People Foundation would like to invite you and your senior representatives to be our guests at a private dinner and informal discussion session on February 27, 2002, at 6:00 p.m., at the Washington Marriott Hotel. We will have a guest dinner speaker, and afterwards conduct an open discussion of how freedom organizations can work together to create a powerful and effective force for liberty that is greater than the sum of its parts.

      How many of our unalienable rights have already been completely lost or seriously eroded by an overreaching and power-hungry federal government?

      The right to privacy
      The right to property
      The right to a public trial
      The right to a speedy trial
      The right to a trial by a jury
      The right to due process of law
      The right to a fully informed jury
      The right to keep and bear arms
      The right to freedom from vote fraud
      The right to freedom from taxes on wages
      The right to a republican form of government
      The right to a politically independent judiciary
      The right to freedom from involuntary servitude
      The right to confront the witnesses against you
      The right to freedom from government acts not enumerated
      The right to freedom from searches without probable cause
      The right to a monetary system backed by a precious metal
      The right to petition the government for a redress of grievances
      The right to freedom from laws that favor public over private education
      The right to freedom from being forced to be a witness against yourself
      The right to freedom from searches and seizures without proper warrants
      The right to freedom from the "same hands" controlling all three branches
      The right to freedom from having property taken without just compensation
      The right to freedom from federal laws in areas outside of federal jurisdiction
      The right to freedom from the imposition of direct taxes not tied to the census
      The right to representation loyal to the constitution rather than to a political party
      The right to freedom from having an appeals court re-examine facts tried by a jury
      The right to freedom from the use of the armed forces without a declaration of war
      The right to freedom from constitutional amendments not ratified by ¾ of the States
      The right to freedom from the usurpation of the powers of the Congress by the Executive

      Now is the moment for those who deeply love our country, and what it truly stands for, to set aside their differences and unite in defense of our Constitution and rightful liberties as Americans.

      No single freedom organization in the country has the influence, resources or capability to stem the tide of government tyranny alone. But together we have the mass, the scale, and the power to bind our servant government down with the chains of the Constitution. We need only to find the courage to live the convictions of our hearts, the wisdom to look beyond the immediate obstacles in our path, and the confidence that the Master of the Universe will once again reward our vigilance with the blessings of liberty.

      Each freedom organization has its own mission, purpose and strategy. Whether the organization is devoted to the protection and preservation of our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, or our 1st Amendment right to petition our government for redress of grievances, the issue that ultimately ties us all together is the defense of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. If every freedom organization that usually concentrates on just one of the aforementioned rights decided to unite and focus on a single constitutional violation, consider the possibilities. The critical mass of influence would be overwhelming.

      WHY AM I REACHING OUT TO ALL LIBERTY RIGHTS GROUPS?

      As you may know, the Foundation is engaged in an extraordinary struggle to hold the federal government accountable to the First Amendment's guarantee of every citizen's right to properly petition the government for a redress of grievances and the government's obligation to properly answer. In our case the grievances relate to the constitutional and statutory authority of the IRS to force employers to withhold the income tax from the paychecks of their employees and the legal authority of the IRS to force most citizens to file a tax return and to pay the tax. The most probable outcome of the Foundation's success in this struggle will be a more constitutionally limited government--an objective that we all share.

      We do not expect any of the freedom organizations that are being invited to join us for dinner and discussion on February 27 to take a position for or against any of the propositions relating to the fraudulently assumed jurisdiction of the IRS and the unlawful income tax system.  We do, however, hope to achieve support for our position that Americans have a constitutionally protected right to petition our servant government for redress of grievances, and a right to demand that the government respond openly and honestly to that petition, for without the right to petition the government for redress of grievances then, in practical effect, the people have no rights at all.

      While the leaders and members of all liberty rights and freedom organizations are invited to register to attend the tax hearing on February 27 and 28 (it's free), we sincerely hope that a representative from each group will register to attend the special "UNITY DINNER" on February 27, which is also free of charge  (although the Foundation would not turn any donations away ).

      For more information on the Foundation and our Petition for Redress of Grievances relating to the federal power to tax, please visit our website, www.givemeliberty.org.

      Please note that preferred registration status for the daytime tax hearing will be given to leaders and senior representatives of liberty rights organizations.

      Even if you choose not to attend, please consider the impact you may have by spreading the word of this initiative throughout your organization's membership.

      I look forward to seeing you in Washington.

      Robert Schulz

      Chairman
      We The People Foundation
      for Constitutional Education, Inc.