The Criminal Justice System Big Business!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2002
      The Criminal Justice System
      Big Business!
      (Keeping the turnstiles turning)
      $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
      The Criminal Justice system is a major business industry. The Police, Corrections Officers (Jail Guards), Bailiffs, Court Reporters, Court Clerks, Jail Construction (BIG Business), Food Catering & Supplies, Jail civilian employees, Police civilian employees, etc. represent several million UNION WORKERS.
      The lawyers & judges are the tail wagging the dog. Add to these amounts the CIVIL and FAMILY Court workers who deal with PROPERTY CONFISCATION & "Family Services" (where the Department of Children and Families take away the kids of people who are arrested and put them in Foster Care); and you can see just how many people rely on the COURTS keeping the turnstiles of Justice turning.  ....
      Att. Alberto Batista
      Florida JAILer

       J.A.I.L. News Journal
      Los Angeles, California                                     January 25, 2002
      For a beautiful navy blue T-shirt with "J.A.I.L." on the back and www.jail4judges.org large and visible across the chest, imprinted in a
       bright yellow-gold lettering, send your check payable to J.A.I.L.
       for $11.95 plus $4 S&H. (Discounts on volume quantities.)
      Wear them to your next courthouse function and watch the reaction.
      Attorneys Fighting For You
      Sent to:  Victoryusa@...
      "This came from Attorney Donna Briggs. It may help to circulate it and may give some readers hope that there are some attorneys fighting for them."
                      --Attorney Linda L.Kennedy, Virginia JAILer

      In a message dated 1/24/2002 10:55:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,

      Subj:  Fwd: The Innocence Project Police & Prosecutor Miscond
      Date:  1/24/2002 10:55:16 PM Eastern Standard Time
      From: Donna Briggs   donnam.briggs@...
      To:    Linda L. Kennedy  WBFLegal@...
      File:  1_TheInnocenceProjectPolice&ProsecutorMisconduct.htm (33926 bytes)   DL Time (115200 bps):  1 minute
      On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:36:18 -0500 wwalford@... wrote:
      I thought some of you may be interested in these statistics from the
      Innocence Project, which has now had some 100 death sentences overturned based upon post-conviction evidence, including some from Virginia.

      According to their study of the first 70 cases reversed, over 30 of them
      involved prosecutorial misconduct, over 30 of them involved police
      misconduct which led to wrongful convictions, and approximately 15 of
      them involved false witness testimony.  34% of the police misconduct cases involved suppression of exculpatory evidence, 11% involved evidence fabrication.  37% of the prosecutorial misconduct cases involved suppression of exculpatory evidence, and 25% involved knowing use of false testimony.

      I believe such statistics should alarm you enough to take very serious action when it is learned that sitting judges are knowingly concealing this type of conduct and this type of evidence.

      I would like you to consider these figures, coming from wrongfully
      convicted capital offense cases, in evaluating whether Judges Poston and Sheridan should retain such influential positions as representatives of the Virginia criminal justice system.

      Thank you,
      Donna M. Briggs

      Folks, Donna Briggs is the third attorney  to join Virginia J.A.I.L. and she is a good friend of Attorney Linda L. Kennedy who invited her.  We are certainly beginning to see the tide turn with attorneys coming on board J.A.I.L. in increasing numbers. Our thanks to Donna for the information and encouragement she is bringing to this cause, and of course to Linda who has really shown us her strong dedication to J.A.I.L. in the past few weeks.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org