** Attorneys Fighting For You

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2002

      Los Angeles, California                                     January 25, 2002

      For a beautiful navy blue T-shirt with "J.A.I.L." on the back and www.jail4judges.org large and visible across the chest, imprinted in a
       bright yellow-gold lettering, send your check payable to J.A.I.L.
       for $11.95 plus $4 S&H. (Discounts on volume quantities.)
      Wear them to your next courthouse function and watch the reaction.

      Attorneys Fighting For You

      Sent to:  Victoryusa@...
      "This came from Attorney Donna Briggs. It may help to circulate it and may
      give some readers hope that there are some attorneys fighting for them."
                      --Attorney Linda L.Kennedy, Virginia JAILer
      wbflegal@...

      In a message dated 1/24/2002 10:55:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,

      Subj:  Fwd: The Innocence Project Police & Prosecutor Miscond
      Date:  1/24/2002 10:55:16 PM Eastern Standard Time
      From: Donna Briggs   donnam.briggs@...
      To:    Linda L. Kennedy  WBFLegal@...

      File:  1_TheInnocenceProjectPolice&ProsecutorMisconduct.htm (33926 bytes)   DL Time (115200 bps):  1 minute

      On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:36:18 -0500 wwalford@... wrote:
      I thought some of you may be interested in these statistics from the
      Innocence Project, which has now had some 100 death sentences overturned
      based upon post-conviction evidence, including some from Virginia.

      According to their study of the first 70 cases reversed, over 30 of them
      involved prosecutorial misconduct, over 30 of them involved police
      misconduct which led to wrongful convictions, and approximately 15 of
      them involved false witness testimony.  34% of the police misconduct cases involved suppression of exculpatory evidence, 11% involved evidence fabrication.  37% of the prosecutorial misconduct cases involved suppression of exculpatroy evidence, and 25% involved knowing use of false testimony.

      I believe such statistics should alarm you enough to take very serious action when it is learned that sitting judges are knowingly concealing this type of conduct and this type of evidence.

      I would like you to consider these figures, coming from wrongfully
      convicted capital offense cases, in evaluating whether Judges Poston and
      Sheridan should retain such influential positions as representatives of the Virginia criminal justice system.

      Thank you,
      Donna M. Briggs

      Folks, Donna Briggs is the third attorney  to join Virginia J.A.I.L. and she is a good friend of Attorney Linda L. Kennedy who invited her.  We are certainly beginning to see the tide turn with attorneys coming on board J.A.I.L. in increasing numbers. Our thanks to Donna for the information and encouragement she is bringing to this cause, and of course to Linda who has really shown us her strong dedication to J.A.I.L. in the past few weeks.
      -Barbie-

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org