Constituent Ousted From CA. Assemblyman's Office

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 9:35 PM
      California Constitution, Article I, Sec. 3, "The people have the right to instruct their representatives, petition government for redress of grievances, and to assemble freely to consult for the common good."  (Adopted Nov. 5, 1974.)

      Constituent Ousted From
      CA. Assemblyman's Office

      Atten: Speaker of the Assembly, Sacramento State Capitol
      Atten: Steve Capps and Amy Chance, Sacramento Bee
      Atten: Paoblo Lopez Fresno Bee
      cc: Assemblyman, Cardoza
      cc: Ethics Committee on Standards ie: Rob Walker
      State Capitol, Washington DC
          On 5-9-00 at approx 12:30pm, I arrived at my Assemblyman's, District 26, office here in Merced, CA. to ask for a scheduled meeting with my Assemblyman to discuss a letter that I had received from the Assembly Legislative Ethics Committee in regards to my own information sent to this committee. Lou, staff member in this
      office at time, yelled out, " WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, CROWDER?"
          When I asked Lou about scheduling an appointment with my Assemblyman, Lou proceeded to yell out, " HOW DARE YOU CAUSE TROUBLE FOR MY BOSS (ASSEMBLYMAN). I was then informed to "stay away" from my own Assemblyman's office.
          My civil rights to be heard have been violated by my Assemblyman. As a taxpaying citizen, a nurse, an army veteran, a mother and grandmother, my family and I are outraged by this behavior.
          I gave testimony at Sacramento State Capitol in Health and Human Service Committee, on how State and County elected officials cover up illegal activities of our Child Protective Services. I guess we are stepping on too many toes with the truth!
      Donna Crowder
      Jean Nelson
      Children and Family Victim Rights Advocate
      Merced, CA. 95340