The Enforcement Merry-Go-Round

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2001
      The Enforcement
      Merry-Go-Round

      Dear George:

      This is Ron, in lieu of Barbie. I hope you won't mind my responding to your concern. Seventeen years of your life is a large investment trying to get clear law, as written, respected.  To that end, you are to be complimented. However, what you are trying to do is get a law written that says that the law on the books shall be respected.

      Let me tell you that there is already enforcement for all laws that are on the books, including AB 195. It is found in Article V, Sec. 13 of the California Constitution. It specifically sets forth, "...the Attorney General shall be the chief law officer of the State. It shall be the duty of the Attorney General to see that the laws of the State are uniformly and adequately enforced."

      In other words, you should be able to go directly to the A.G. with your complaint that the law is not being enforced, and it then becomes his Constitutional duty, requirement, mandate, etc., to see that that law is properly enforced.

      However, your problem is, after you have spent $700,000 plus on getting signatures to get a new law on the books, how do you enforce the  enforcer to enforce the law as he is required to do. Barbie, has already discussed below that this question would then have to be brought by a citizen before a judge who would also have no way of enforcing that judge to enforce the law. Hence they would be back to zero. And let's not forget that the chief law enforcer is also counsel for the judges who choose not to follow the law. You are on an enforcement merry-go-round.

      The bottom line is that JAIL4Judges is your only answer! You can  achieve what you seek only after J.A.I.L. becomes law.

      -Ron-