Surrendering Liberty to Preserve Freedom

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2001
      Los Angeles, California                                        December 25, 2001
      Surrendering Liberty
      to Preserve Freedom
      To the editors, by AZ. JAILer Denni Gonzalez

      Frederick Douglass, Aug. 4, 1857, said "Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

      Allegedly, 80% of Americans are willing to stand back, wave their little flags and sing "God Bless America" while the out-of-control bureaucrats trample all over the US Constitution and Bill of Rights in the name of "preserving freedom and fighting terrorism".

      During the 60's, one of the mantras in protest to the Viet Nam conflict was, "fighting for peace is like f----g for chastity." Vulgar, yes, but very true.

      This is pretty much where we are now, some 35 plus years later, only the mantra is now: "surrendering liberty to preserve freedom is like . . . "  Well, you get the drift.

      John Ashcroft has told us that if we dissent or question our public servants (government), we are not "patriotic", that we are aiding the "terrorists". Well, he's right about one thing:  if we DO NOT DISSENT NOR QUESTION THESE PUBLIC SERVANTS, we are most definitely "aiding" the VERY TERRORISTS who are turning our free Republic into a police state. ....

      Adolph Hitler used precisely the same argument when he cancelled the German constitution and then passed laws making it perfectly "legal" for the resultant Nazi atrocities to take place. And no one made even a peep in dissension. No one questioned the "government".

      How truly stupid are you people? Why are you allowing Congress and judges to trample all over your liberty, your freedom? And where in the H_ _ _ is the media? Why are our news reporters not at least questioning these egregious, clearly unconstitutional edicts that are being passed? The media is supposed to be the beacon of American fundamental principles. Where is the medial outcry? Where is the OUTRAGE?

      Most of all, where are the REAL American Patriots who are supposed to be ever vigilant?

      Dee Gonzalez
      Az. JAILer
      7942 West Bell Rd.
      Glendale, AZ 85308
      Tele 363-1852

      "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin