* Supreme Court Justices Unable to Read

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2001

      Los Angeles, California                                         December 23, 2001
      www.jail4judges.org
      Supreme Court Justices
      Unable To Read

      High Court Rejects NAFTA Review

      Associated Press
      November 27 2001

      WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court on Monday sidestepped a constitutional challenge to White House power to negotiate trade pacts and other international deals.

      Justices were being pressed to strike down the North American Free Trade Agreement because it was not endorsed by a two-thirds vote of the Senate, a constitutional requirement for treaties.

      The court declined, without comment, to review the case, which could have jeopardized the standing of other agreements and made it harder for presidents to negotiate future pacts. The United Steelworkers of America argued that presidents should not be allowed to handle international deals such as congressional-executive agreements to get around the Senate vote requirement for treaties.

      "Whether we are right or wrong, our submission--and the question we raise--is one that goes to the heart of the Constitution's structural framework for making international agreements," the union's attorneys said. ....

      The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta said the Constitution "clearly granted the political branches an enormous amount of authority in the area of foreign affairs and commerce." The court also said the lawsuit raised a political question inappropriate for the courts to decide.

      NAFTA eliminates trade barriers between America, Mexico and Canada gradually over 15 years.

      At least 90% of the Federal Government is unconstitutional and should be abolished. And why does so much unconstitutional government continues to exist? The above illustrates why. It is because of the complicity of the courts with corrupt government.

      First, note that the 11th Circuit Court Appeals says that the case assailing NAFTA is politically based, and that the courts should not touch it. Ah, but wait, isn't everything that Congress does "political?" Congress itself is "political." It is a political office. "Political questions" are argued daily from all political views.

      Aren't we told by the courts of the separation of powers doctrine? Congress writes "political questions" when it passes laws, the president decides whether he approves by signing it, and the courts are there to determine its Constitutionality. If Congress were free to pass whatever it wants without Constitutional checks or balances, then what need we of the courts in this area?

      And what say we of the U.S. Supreme Court?  They do not care to involve itself in this Constitutional question, for to overturn NAFTA would also bring into question all the other myriads of foreign agreements that did not have the Constitutionally required 2/3 votes of the Senate.

      Do you want to overturn NAFTA? Then let's get the Federal J.A.I.L. Bill passed through Congress. We can then force their hand to do what the Constitution requires of them. Just imagine a society with 90% less Federal Government.  -Ron Branson

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org