Lest We Forget

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2001
      Los Angeles, California                                        December 20, 2001
      www.jail4judges.org
      This editor and publisher has had the personal experience of coming to know Constance Flaum, the mother of Michael Arnold, who lives not far from the operations of JAIL4Judges. We have had any number of telephone conversations together. Sorry to say, she has nearly given up all hope of life itself, and is in bad physical health, grieving night and day.

      Although we have reported on her son's incident before, we deemed the following to be worthy of placing out to our readership for two reasons. This is a report from a fresh perspective, and it also serves as a reminder of this incident, let we forget. The author of this article is John Morgan Duty, a Washington State JAILer whom I have personally met, know and trust.   - Ron Branson, J.A.I.L. Author / Founder.

      Lest We Forget Michael Arnold
      By John Morgan Duty

      Come with me and travel a road 30 years long. Arrive in the POLICE STATE you thought couldn't happen.

      Over the last thirty years I have witnessed a disturbing trend in policing. Sadly, the days of calling officer O"Malley to come get your cat out of the tree are lost and gone forever. In officer O"Malley"s place, we know have paramilitary ninjas armed with automatic weapons, gasses, and electroshock restraining devices. When I was just a young lad of fifteen years, I was a member of a rock band who played for fraternities, sororities, and birthday parties. One October night in Birmingham, our band had concluded a pleasant evening at the Travel Lodge, where we played for a group of college frats that were having their annual Halloween Bash.

      We loaded up our gear, collected our pay and headed for the car, eager to get home. There we met a police officer that took exception to the jacket I was wearing. It seemed he thought a long hair shouldn't wear a United States flag sewed to the back of a blue jean jacket. He demanded that I remove the flag and when I asked why, he began to slap me around. The beating lasted for two or three minutes before we escaped, looking back to see the officer laughing heartily. At that time, I thought I had witnessed police brutality at its" worst.

      A few years later, I was hitch hiking to Texas to spend spring break with a very nice young lady whom I met at college. It was windy and a bit chilly so I was happy when a DPS otherwise known as a highway patrol in most states, stopped to offer me a ride. I hopped in and he asked me where I was going. I told him I was a college student and I was going to see a friend for spring break. All was going quite well, or so I thought until he abruptly turned off onto a dirt side road.

      When I asked what he was doing, he pulled his gun on me and took me to a
      remote location where he proceeded to beat my brains out and left me there
      unconscious. When I awakened, I didn't know where I was, and it was almost
      dark, indicating I had been unconscious for a long time. To make a long story short, I survived, and found my way to the highway where a friendly truck driver took me to the hospital. I spent the spring break recovering from a concussion. I had done nothing to this so-called peacekeeper and was certain that I had now witnesses the meanest cop in the world. As time has passed, it seems I continue to see and hear things that couldn't possibly be happening in the United States.

      I saw the police attack the MOVE house in Philadelphia, burning its" residents to death, as well as an additional 65 homes in the neighborhood. Then I was astonished to see the police attack a house full of sleeping Black Panthers, killing them as they slept in their beds. ....

      I was horrified to hear of how the police raped and beat Abner Lewema after
      he was in custody and inside the police precinct. Next Patrick Dorismond was
      massacred, as he stood on the vestibule of his own home and doing absolutely
      nothing illegal or suspicious. Likewise, Tyisha Miller of Riverside California was shot 27 times as she slept in her car. Each time, the police seemed to be more brutal, forceful, and more militaristic. Each time I grew angrier and more sickened. Each time I though it couldn't possibly get worse.
      But then I met Constance Flaum. My entire standard of comparison was about
      to be changed in a most profound way. What little respect I had left for the police was to evaporate. On March 27th, 1998, 22 officers of the Lenox Sheriffs" office and Highway Patrol committed the singularly most heinous crime, of which I am aware.

      In the wee hours of that fateful morning, about 3:05am, 22 psychopathic, frenzied, armored, sheriffs and highway patrolmen opened fire with 9mm pistols, shotguns, and at least one AR-15 assault riffle, loosing 250 rounds of ammunition in a sleeping community. Rounds of ammo found their way into
      several homes in the community, one coming to rest in the pillow that was under the head of a sleeping child. With any deviation at all, the bullet would have come to rest in the little boys" brain. For twenty-seven endless seconds, blue fire leapt from the barrels of the assassin's weaponry. When the siege was over, 150 bullets had screamed through the neighborhood, 165 bullets had taken down one unarmed man, 62 bullets grazed him, 106 projectiles penetrated Mikes body and 55 were "kill shots."?

      When the military style assault was over, the police went door to door demanding the citizens tell them what they had seen and heard. They instructed the citizenry to stay in the house, away from the windows and remain there until the scene was secured. Then the police searched the dead mans new white Lincoln Towncar to find out who they had just killed only to discover they had made one of their famous mistakes. It seems they had just massacred a young, highly successful, local businessman known for his genteel nature and philanthropy. Mike Arnold was so kindhearted he was known as that guy who carried around his blind pooch in his arms and collected stuffed animals. He never owned a gun in his life.

      He did, however, keep an air pistol or two because he managed property and
      occasionally had to scare away a rodent or snake. Realizing what they had
      just done, the adrenaline pumped cops huddled and came up with a quick but
      feeble plan. One of the cops got into the car and moved it down the street nearly to the corner and a couple of the other cops retrieved a high-pressure hose from the meat packing company across the street.

      They rinsed the torn flesh and blood into the gutter down. They then moved the car back to its" original position placing it between the dead mans body and the street. They opened the trunk and upon finding the air pistol, they placed it in the mutilated hand of the victim in an attempt to make the man look as if he were armed when they shot him. Interestingly, the hand in which they placed the gun had been shot three times.

      Two shots went completely through the hand and the third severed the tendons
      making it impossible for the victim to have held anything. The other interesting point of consideration was that the gun had not one scratch on it so how did the bullet pass through the hand and not the handle of the pistol? At this point I am asking myself what kind of explanation did the police try to offer to cover up their crime? It went something like this according to the story in the newspaper. "Unidentified suicidal freeway sniper killed in shootout with police."?

      Apparently the news reporter didn't bother to investigate or interview anyone on the scene or he would have found out that when the police stopped Mike, they ordered him out of the car. With hands in the air as commanded, they told him to keep his hands up and to step backwards toward them. He was in complete compliance with the police especially since everybody knows how deadly the California Highway Patrol can be. His fatal mistake was to turn ever so slightly to the left to get a look at who was barking orders when one of the psychopaths ripped off a shot that tore Mikes face off.

      The rest is bloody brutal history.

      Statements the police spokesman made on TV alleged that, "Michael Arnold had been armed with two handguns from which he fired multiple rounds at the
      police endangering the community.

      THE FACTS

      1) ONLY one gun was produced into evidence -- a BB-Gun

      2) The make and model of BB gun placed in Michael's hand was not capable of
      firing "multiple rounds"? nor was it possible for an air pistol to leave the
      gunpowder residue found on Michael's hands. This proves that the shooters
      moved him.

      3) The very first shot blew Michael's brains out thus rendering him incapable of holding anything.

      4) Three bullets passed completely through his hand shattering his arm and
      shoulder bones, and severed tendons required for gripping.

      5) Though bloody, the BB pistol didn't have a single scratch on it according
      to the coroner.

      6) Trajectory experts concluded the "kill zone"? was in the middle of the street and not on the sidewalk where the coroner examined the body some 7 hours after the murder took place.

      7) All 165 bullets entered Michael's body front to back and left to right putting the car directly between them. Though an excess of 250 rounds were fired, only one bullet hit the car. Unlikely or impossible?

      8) When the car was moved to the corner of the street to allow the police to
      rinse down the scene they backed over the gutter down. As the blood and flesh was hosed down the drain, DNA and blood was splattered into the wheel wells and undercarriage of the car. Undeniable proof of evidence tampering.

      9) Experts, eyewitnesses, and incontestable forensic evidence corroborated
      all offering of facts.

      All of the facts and evidence was either refused or ignored by:

      1) The LA County Sheriff

      2) LA County Board of Supervisors

      3) The California State Attorney

      4) Governor Gray Davis

      5) EVERY Senator and Congressperson from the state of California

      6) The United States Senate and House of Reps

      7) The FBI

      8) The US Attorney General

      9) The US Dept. of Justice

      10) President of the United States.

      On March 27th, 2000, the police involved in the shooting were charged with
      first-degree murder in an unprecedented Citizens Arrest. Each and every
      attempt to remedy this injustice has been met with indifference, or ignored
      completely. ....

      I am sick and hurt to the core of my existence that this could happen to a United States Citizen, on US soil, and financed with my tax dollars. In some strange way I feel we are all to blame. How did we let things get this crazy? Moreover, why aren't we stopping this fascist, militaristic takeover by the jackbooted thugs calling themselves "Officers of the Law"? for clearly there is no law, only tyranny and pain?

      The mainstream media has ignored this story, so I am asking that everyone who reads this to copy the story and send it to anyone you estimate has a  conscience. Then write to all the parties mentioned to let them know that
      you know the truth about this massacre and you are spreading the word until
      someone takes action to right this wrong. Lastly, I would ask that you keep
      Arnold and Flaum families in you meditations and prayers. Never forget
      Michael "Buzz" Arnold, and never forget this story. I know I won't.

      John Morgan Duty II
      Washington State JAILer
      Deer Park, WA-99006

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org