** America's Last Altar Call

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2001

      Los Angeles, California                                       November 27, 2001

      America's Last Altar Call

      Conceived in strife and born in war;
      This nation's bloody start.
      God gave her life, and so much more.
      He then dwelt in her heart.
      -God was in America's heart.

      Strong she grew and great within
      Giving refuge to all who cried;
      For the world knew that in every way
      God was at her side.
      -God and America were allied.

      Her power and strength in the shadow of God
      Made her the greatest nation on earth.
      But power brought pride and caused her to turn
      From the One who gave her birth.
      -She turned from the God of her birth.

      Her iniquity grew and God's blessing she spurned
      And her power ebbed slowly away
      She cared not at all, but continued to turn
      Farther from God she strayed.
      -America from God has strayed.

      Her land now raged with bitterness and strife
      Division and conflict within.
      For Lady America was losing her life;
      She was slowly dying of sin.
      -America is dying of sin.

      And God the Great Physician still cried,
      "Oh, won't you please on my mercy fall?"
      "Repent and return, let Me heal your land,"
      "But I won't continue to call."
      -This is America's last altar call.

      But foolishly she endured the terrible pain
      And denied that she suffered at all.
      "Leave me alone!  I don't need your help,"
      "And on me don't bother to call."
      -She has rejected God's last altar call.

      Then God turned and walked slowly away
      And from His eyes tears started to fall.
      "As my people did so many times in the past,"
      "You too have rejected my call. And soon my judgment must fall."

      -"Yes, now my judgment must fall."

      by Norman Olson, Pastor, Freedom Church

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org