Terrorist Kills Eleven-Year-Old Child

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15 4:20 PM

      Los Angeles, California                                      September 15, 2001
      (Donated items and services needed for our J.A.I.L. fundraiser auction. Please contact Doug Johnson at (818) 895-1239.)

      Terrorist Kills Eleven-Year-Old Child

      It was only four days ago, September 11th J.A.I.L. reported on the government terrorist invasion of Computer Programmer John Bailey's  home. He was suddenly overtaken by machine gun toting thugs in his home who held guns to his head. The cause - someone called in as a result of watching "America's Most Wanted" saying they thought he might look like the person on T.V.

      In that case one of the terrorists accidentally fired his gun sending a bullet passing through the walls of Bailey's home and ending up in his bathroom. We said in that article, "Imagine if a child had been struck while sleeping on the other side of the wall where the police's stray bullet passed through." Well, that was just a caveat. And, of course, we all know, had someone actually been killed, the police would have gotten off by saying "It was just an accident."

      In that story of terrorism in America we said, "Welcome to Cobb County, Georgia." Well, now we cover terrorism in America again two weeks later, Modesto California style. Only here, this terrorist's accidental shooting does involve a child - an eleven-year-old child.

      *   *   *

      Officer Kills Boy,
      Police Call Shooting An Accident
      By TY PHILLIPS
      BEE STAFF WRITER
      (September 14, 2000)

      An 11-year-old Modesto boy was fatally shot early Wednesday morning when police SWAT team officers on a federal narcotics sweep raided his parents' home.

      Police said the shooting was an accident.

      Alberto Sepulveda, a seventh-grader at Prescott Senior Elementary School, was pronounced dead in his home at 2524 McAdoo Ave., just east of Highway 99 in the north Modesto neighborhood commonly known as Highway Village. He died from one shotgun round to the back, Police Chief Roy Wasden said.
      Wasden would not give any other details of the shooting or raid, not even where in the small house the shooting took place. He said details will not be available until investigations have been completed.
      "Our entire department is in shock," Wasden said. "And our heartfelt
      sympathy goes out to the family of the child, and the officers who were
      involved in this tragic incident."
      The shot came from officer David Hawn, whose weapon accidentally
      discharged during the raid, Wasden said. Hawn, a 21-year department
      veteran, has served on the SWAT team for 18 1/2 years. Following department policy, Hawn was placed on paid leave. ....

      Officers knocked on the door at 6:16 a.m. Five minutes later, a call
      went out for an ambulance and Fire Department personnel. Police swarmed in and out of the house all day, and Stanislaus County coroner's deputies did not remove the boy's body until after 2 p.m. ....
      As some officers worked inside the house, others stood grim-faced outside, talking in small groups. Neighbors stood in front of their homes, wondering what had happened on their street. ....

      Wednesday night, neighbors stood at the edge of driveways and lawns, swapping stories of concern, shock and grief. "I didn't ever think anything like this could happen at that house, to that family," former next-door neighbor Nadia Chuca, 23, said. "He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time; it's just sad that this happened to an 11-year-old. ... I saw him grow up." The Sepulveda family has lived at the McAdoo Avenue home for about five years. Fourteen-year-old Melissa Gold lived across the street until recently.   She said Alberto taught bicycle tricks to her 9-year-old brother, Brian.
      "My little brother, he's been sad all day. He tried to ask me why the
      cop shot him. I didn't know how to say it in sign language," she said. "My brother's deaf." Sam Climber walked his 9-year-old son, Sam Jr., in front of the Sepulveda house to try to make sense of Wednesday's shooting. His son, he said, played daily with Alberto.
      "We would play hide-and-go-seek, ride our bikes and have water balloon
      fights," the young Climber said. "I sort of could not believe it; I didn't
      think kids could get shot."
      Counseling services will be provided today for students at Chrysler and
      Prescott schools, said Judy French, a secretary in the Stanislaus Union
      School District. Alberto attended Chrysler last year. .... SWAT teams  called upon for Wednesday's operation were from the Sacramento and San Francisco offices of the FBI, the DEA, the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department and the Lodi Police Department.

      Bee staff writer Ty Phillips
      can be reached at 578-2331.
      Bee staff writer Crystal Carreon contributed to this report. She can be
      reached at 578-2347.

      Today we are being told that we are starting a new war. It is called "War On Terrorism." But we are asking the question of what they mean by "Terrorists." I am looking at my dictionary on "terrorize" and it defines it as an act or process of terrorizing, to fill with terror, to coerce by threat or violence. Can a better definition fit these acts of government around the country, just bursting into homes in the name of "War." Maybe we should properly call it "War On People," and in this War we have the casualty of one dead little eleven-year-old boy. However, his parents can take solace in the fact that he is dead by mistake.

      Stay tuned folks, J.A.I.L.'s going to have another horrific story of American terrorism in action coming your way soon, brought to you by your favorite public servants, aka, government.

      In the name of "War On Terrorism," we are now being told that we are going to have to give up some of our rights, but let's not forget, those who surrender their liberties for security will have neither. Only J.A.I.L. will curb these government abuses.

      J.A.I.L. is the new means of a peaceful revolution in this country.
      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org