* Hail to "America's Most Wanted!"

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11 2:26 PM

      Los Angeles, California                                      September 11, 2001

      Hail To "America's Most Wanted!"

      Imagine coming home one Saturday night after being at an evening concert performance, slipping some fish and chips in the oven, and sitting down relaxing when a terrorist military type of government thugs with badges wearing helmets and night-vision goggles suddenly burst into your home with military assault weapons, pointing them at your head, handcuffing you, pushing you around, demanding you answer questions while others ransacked your home.

      You say, "Nay, this is America, not Beirut, Lebanon where such terrorist tactics are common." Welcome to Cobb County, Georgia where this happened Saturday night - Sunday morning September 2, 2001, to John Bailey, a computer programmer.

      What Mr. Bailey was unaware of that evening there had played an episode of "America's Most Wanted," a nationwide program that  displays faces of the ten most wanted persons by the FBI, and that someone had called in and stated that they had thought he looked like the picture they had seen on their nationwide TV. show. The only problem was, he wasn't the man.

      Notwithstanding this fact, one of the SWAT Team member's finger got a little heavy on the trigger causing his gun to discharge sending a stray bullet through the walls, traveling into his bathroom and putting a hole through his deodorant stick and causing it to land into the bathtub.

      Now some of us have seen those billboards which say, "Oh, no, not one more child," showing bullet holes peppering the billboard implying all gun owners were out to shoot every child in sight. We are told, "If banning guns will save just one life, it's worth it." Apply the same logic to the police in this story. Imagine if a child had been struck while sleeping on the other side of the wall where the polices' stray bullet passed through, or the bullet went through a window headed for a neighbor's house across the street, but instead, it hit and killed a person who was just driving by. Would we still say, if banning police's guns will save just one life, it's worth it, or is there a different standard?

      While admitting they had the wrong man, the FBI says through their spokesman Richard Kolco that these type raids are common and that the Cobb Police action here was appropriate.

      Now consider the fearful ramifications of this. A TV show, "America's Most Wanted," displays several faces to an audience of tens of millions of viewers across the nation. Do any of them look like you?

      But here we are not even talking about whether one matches you, but whether any one of these tens of millions of viewers may think that you might look like one they say on "America's Most Wanted." This means that everyone's face is in a rolling barrel. When will your face be drawn? Just how many of us look like someone else, or remind someone of someone else? Has America not come down to breaking into anyone's home just because someone thought you looked like a picture they saw on "America's Most Wanted?"

      John Bailey has now retained the legal services of Atlanta, Georgia Attorney Stephen Berne over this issue.

      Finally, I present this final thought. Does this not prove how lax our judicial system has become in cooperating with police as to issue them an instant warrant for that address based on such flimsy "evidence" as someone calling in saying that they thought someone's face looked like someone they say on TV with no other cohobating evidence?

      "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment - U.S. Constitution. How could any magistrate perceive the above meets such a Constitutional standard? America, Oh America, when will you see the light? It's time for J.A.I.L. before we sink into a terrorist country!

      The facts of this story was carried in the Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, September 6, 2001.

      J.A.I.L. is the new means of a peaceful revolution in this country.
      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org