* * * Government Is Not Reason

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2001
      Los Angeles, California                                        September 8, 2001
      Government Is Not Reason
      by Ron Branson

      "Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force..."
                                                                              George Washington

      What you are about read will be thought provoking and controversial,  however, that is always the basic nature of truth. Oftentimes as I sit here answering email, I am called upon to come up with some complex answers in confidential communications that inspire me to write articles which need to be made public. This is one such occasion.

      Most all of us are posed from time to time with an offer to come to "The latest and greatest seminar where truth will be dispensed." By using their  law courses and training, you can make their argument before government agency A.A.A. through Z.Z.Z., or the courts, and win. Most of these seminars come at a handsome price, usually ranging from $125 to as much as a $1000-plus. You are always promised an invaluable syllabus to take home with you. I have come to call these programs "Silver Bullet Seminars."

      There is a basic nature in man that says, "Tell me what I want to hear," and it's just these "Silver Bullet Seminars" that fill the bill. Their promotionals always carry some form of the two words, "and win." People who are disgusted and at their wits' end with nowhere else to turn, are hungry to hear how they can make an argument "and win." "If I can win, or even hope to win, then it's worth my thousand dollars," they say.

      People will stand in line with their thousand dollars in hand anxious to hand it over to the person just inside the door. They have then purchased themselves a seat in a big hall among hundreds of others just as anxious  to know how they too can "win." "Win" is the key. In many cases, it is not the material taught at these seminars that I find offensive, but the words, "and win." Like Las Vegas, it is a "win-driven" enterprise. Every win is pumped to the hilt and exploited to its fullest. (Yes, even the courts need to have someone hit the jackpot from time to time to keep them  afloat.)

      I was once approached and told that I could make a lot of money since I knew law if I would teach in their seminars. My response was, "Yes, but after I have taught them the law, and then I conclude by telling them the truth that they could fully anticipate these law arguments be ignored, the attendees, who paid handsome money to hear me, would say they want their money back; and they would not come back to the next seminar, no matter how correct I was on the law. Everyone would shun me because I told them what they did not what to hear - truth."

      The reality is that people would rather believe a lie rather than deal with the truth. Consequently, by practice, they are saying, "I'll pay you to lie to me. Tell me what I want to hear. Tell me I can make an argument and win, or that I can make a fortune." This, of course, leaves them vulnerable to any cunning person who is willing to accommodate them and relieve them of their cash. All they have to do is sponsor a "Silver Bullet Seminar," and tell them just what they want to hear. And the good thing about it is, you can name your own price.

      Oh, yes, and if they later come back to you with their wings clipped, you can always tell them, "You didn't do it right," or "We've found some new information on these filings." I suggest the latter because you can then promote your next seminar. Call it the "Updated Seminar," and be sure to hit them up good for your invaluable updates, as they really want to be lied to so long as you tell them they can win.

      Folks, you may be laughing, but this process is repeated over and over again. These are people that are ever learning but never able to come unto the knowledge of the truth. They seek teachers having itching ears --teachers that will speak unto them smooth things, things that are palatable to their ears. As I have said, people are just itching to pay you to lie to them.

      Now why have I belabored this issue? It is because J.A.I.L. desires to see people end their search for that "Silver Bullet." Even one of my own personal friends who has spent a fortune on these seminars said to me, "But Ron, we've got to try everything," to which I responded, "Yes, everything but J.A.I.L." What was it that P.T. Barnum said? "There's a sucker born every minute."

      Not long ago, J.A.I.L. received an email that asked us the question, "When are you going to become a Separate Part of the Whole rather than a Separate Whole Part?" This sounds like a neat, well-balanced, logical question. I now respond to it. The answer turns on whether one believes what George Washington stated, "Government is not reason."

      It is true that J.A.I.L. is seldom included on the platforms of other political or patriotic groups or coalitions on which the public would expect J.A.I.L. to appear. Now why is this? Is it because J.A.I.L. is stand-offish? No! But because it is seldom asked to appear. (True, J.A.I.L. will not compromise its sole objective of seeking judicial accountability.)

      I couldn't tell you how many times I've wondered why J.A.I.L. was not included on various platforms over the years. The hosts and the speakers know me and distinctly know what J.A.I.L. is about. It has became apparent over the passage of years that this was not just an incidental overpass; and it was not just that it was not my time. Now, pray tell, why was this? I've given much thought to this issue.

      Every organization or coalition, whether political, non-political, left- or right-wing as it relates to changes in government, has an "Argument" as to what and how government should be changed to meet their standard  of good government. With "Argument" meaning "Reason," let's illustrate below.

      Four organizations are invited to speak on the platform of a coalition,  one being J.A.I.L. It opens with Organization #1 making its "Argument," followed by Organization #2, and #3 each making their "Argument." The last to speak is Organization #4 aka "J.A.I.L." which steps up and makes its discourse, "There is no possible 'Argument' which can be made to 'Reason.' " What has just happened? J.A.I.L., by its message that "Government is not reason," has automatically undermined and assailed all the previous organizations which say there is an "Argument" to "Reason."

      While George Washington said over two hundred years ago,  "Government is not reason," organizations today are saying, "While government is disappointing, it can be reasoned with." Therefore, every organization is posed with one of three options. 1) Reason with government, 2) join the militia, or 3) join J.A.I.L., or both the latter two. While the militia and J.A.I.L. equally believe "Government is not reason," they differ on the approach to curing that problem

      Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force; and, like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master!
                                                                  -President George Washington

      J.A.I.L. is the new means of a peaceful revolution in this country.
      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      To subscribe or be removed, write:  AddRemove@...