** Halting A Gov't Land Grab

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2001
      Los Angeles, California                                             August 8, 2001
      Halting A Gov’t. Land Grab

      (Testing J.A.I.L.’s Muscle - It’s time for action!)

      “No person shall be … deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.”                                    -  U.S. Constitution - Bill of Rights V

      Throughout the history of tyrannical governments from Biblical days on, it has always been the lot of corrupt governments to eye upon the property of others and to conspire how to dispossess them of it. We have such instances as Mark 12:40 wherein the common practice of government "devour[ing] widows' houses," is condemned, and I Kings 21:17-20, “And the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying, Arise, go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, which is in Samaria: behold, he is in the vineyard of Naboth, whither he is gone down to possess it. And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Hast thou killed, and also taken possession? And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine. And Ahab said to Elijah, Hast thou found me, O mine enemy? And he answered, I have found thee: because thou hast sold thyself to work evil …”

      Today, we have such instances as Donald Scott, the heir of the Scott Tissue fortune who owned a prime mountain estate in the northern corner of Los Angeles. Using taxpayer’s money, Los Angeles County was buying up all property in the surrounding area. They had approached Scott multiple times with proposals to buy his property, but he consistently refused to sell. They then conspired against him using the “zero tolerance” drug laws to try to seize his land. Several hooded thugs kicked open his front door at 6 am in the morning and rushed in, causing his wife, who was in the front room, to scream. Donald Scott rushed from the bedroom with gun in hand, and they blew him away as he came through the doorway. Needless to say, there never was any hint of drugs, or any other illicit activity, but there was plenty of evidence of a land grab, surveyor's maps and all.

      Then, there is the McGucking case using property taxes to seize expensive and very desirable lakefront property they wanted. Many, many incidents abound across this country, as the responses to this J.A.I.L. News Journal circulates will bear out.

      The land grab you are about to hear about here is by means of "weed ordinance." The offender, the City of Kirkwood, a small suburb west of St. Louis, Mo., and the victim, the trustee of this property. That trustee happens to be the National J.A.I.L. Commander-In-Chief. Evil is evil, and such evil must be exposed and terminated!

      On Saturday, June 30th we went to pick up J.A.I.L.’s mail. Within that mail was a envelope from Kirkwood, Mo. with only an invoice inside identified as “Invoice No. 515” directed to “Customer No. 169” for the amount of $2,493.50. This publisher was in total shock. The invoice said, “Clean-Up/Weed Cutting, ... Work Done 4/14/01.

      Immediately, on Monday, July 2nd this publisher was on the phone several times to Kirkwood trying unsuccessfully to reach the person responsible for sending this invoice. By the following day, I was able to finally get through to Kathy Harris at (314) 822-5805 who identified herself as “The Code Enforcement Administrator for Kirkwood.” I informed Ms. Harris that her action was without notice, illegal, without due process, and constituted a trespass upon private property. In her defense she argued with me that she could go on this property anytime she wanted to without notice because a year ago she had disavowed the need to give notices for a year. I asked her to send me the evidence on which she relied, and to send me an full accounting, showing the hours and wages she claims justifies $2,493.50 for weed cutting on a small 75 x 100’.  (My regular caretaker, “Right Way Lawn Care Co. of Kirkwood” has cut this lot for years for $45 per cutting.) She stated, “I will send you what you ask.” Today, as this article goes out five weeks later, we have yet to receive from her what I asked.

      A background is due.

      In the City of Kirkwood, they are bringing in heavy equipment and Bull-Dozers and leveling everything, including houses, in preparation for a huge new multi-faceted Shopping Mall, causing this lot to become very coveted. Land developers have been trying to buy up all the surrounding land as fast as they could, contacting this publisher about this property.

      Last year, on October 2nd this publisher received a weed abatement notice, and immediately Right Way Lawn Care Co. cut it, and was paid  the usual $45 on October 30, 2000. (What was that about not Kathy Harris boasting that she did not need to send abatement notices? Then, why did she send out this Oct 2 abatement notice? Oh, she was just feeling good that day, I guess. Obviously, she did it because such notices are required by due process of law.) But she now says she can come on to property anytime she wants and do whatever she wants, and send a bill for up to $5,000.00, all without notice.

      I have discussed this matter with the owner of Right Way Lawn Care Co. of Kirkwood, and it takes approximately an hour to perform the cutting, including scanning and removing foreign objects. (His business has served us very well.) He stated in no uncertain terms that this whole matter is preposterous for Kirkwood to do this. A simple calculation shows that Kathy Harris performed this so-called “service” for a mark up of 5,500% over market price. At that rate, one could hire a whole crew of seven top tax attorneys in three-piece suits each commanding $325 an hour, each having a mower that cut only a patch the size of your bedroom. And keep in mind, according to Kathy Harris,’ she can come back for another piece of the pie anytime she wishes without notice, and the owner is defenseless.

      Here appears to be the ploy of Kirkwood, which has affirmed that they are placing a lien upon this property. This lien they intend to add to the property tax, which is only approximately $75, and then grab the property for failure to pay the property tax. Knowing that I am in California, they consider me to be helpless to stop them.  Government thieves are different from normal thieves, in that normal thieves don’t steal your land.

      It’s Time For J.A.I.L. To Test Its Muscles

      J.A.I.L.’s influence and outreach has grown tremendously over the last year and a half. We have many influential JAILers on board, including PhDs, M.D., and many legal minds and Attorneys, not to speak of all of you thousands of readers of our J.A.I.L. News Journals. Even in our earlier and “weaker” days we have seen those in power, such as an appellate court attorney come crawling on their knees asking J.A.I.L. to call off our dogs.  Well, we are now calling on “our dogs” to flood Kirkwood Mayor Mike Swaboda’s Office at City Hall, 139 S. Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood, Mo. 63122 with letters, phone calls and faxes at (314) 822-5804, and emails at (Montanbk@...) demanding the immediate firing of Code Enforcer Kathy Harris. Along with the snail mails, lets send Mayor Swaboda over two thousand emails that consist of the following:

      1)      Let Mayor Swaboda know that the eyes of the entire nation are watching this town of Kirkwood involving “Customer # 169” “Invoice No. 515, and that you hope the next report you receive will be good.

      2)      Be sure to include an intelligent question, if you can think of one that requires Mayor Mike Swaboda’s response.

      3)      While your letter does not have to be nice, it must not state anything that could be interpreted as a threat. That will not help the cause.

      4)      You are advised to retain a copy of what you send, because there may be a good chance you will have your email returned as “over-quote.” That is good. Just send it again until such time as it is able to get through to Mayor Swaboda attention even if it takes a week. Let him know that we citizens out here in America are not just a bunch of panty-waists, that we have guts and b---s.

      5)      Let him know you regard this is a serious president upon the property rights of American citizens, as it implies that any local government can just hop over our fences without notice, cut our growth under a weed abatement code and lay claim to our homes with a preposterous and outrageous lien of over 5,000% of the market value.

      6)      If you have a professional title like, Ph.D., M.D., or especially Attorney, be sure to indicate that in your letter. This will give credibility to this cause showing we are not just a bunch of wackos. Let’s make “Code Enforcer Kathy Harris” sweat!

      By doing this, we shall let the this, and other governments elsewhere, know that there is a citizens’ movement abreast that is fed up with the unchecked unconstitutional actions of government. Remember, the pen is mightier than the sword, so thrust Kirkwood through with the pen. A victory here will be a victory for all Americans, and will generate a group spirit of “Enough is Enough, and we’re not going to take it anymore! We are fighting back!”

      Let’s Fight The Land Grabbers Legally Too!

      If you are an attorney, or you know of a good attorney that would like to get involved in this property rights/notice issue, please contact J.A.I.L. and let us know what your terms are. Kirkwood does not have a full-time city attorney, but an outside attorney on retainer who needs a number twelve boot shoved down his throat. I believe we can not only get Kirkwood to back off this land grab, but also cause them to shell out some worthwhile settlement bucks to keep this from going before a jury. This case, of course, should provide plenty of nationwide publicity to the taker. The right person please get in touch with us here at J.A.I.L.

      As our saying is, "J.A.I.L. is the new means of a peaceful revolution in this country." Click here >Montanbk@... and get to work. We want thousands brought to his attention!

      J.A.I.L. is the new means of a peaceful revolution in this country.
      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org