** The Divine Right of Kings

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2001
      Los Angeles, California                                           June 25, 2001
      JAIL4Judges had a display table sent up at the Van Nuys Air Show this weekend in CA. where history has acclaimed an attendance of 250,000 people. As a result of placing out a sign up list, we welcome a number of new subscribers to our J.A.I.L. News Journal. For their sake, as well as others, we state that an unusual matter has come across our desk which was so well written, despite its religious nature, that we deemed it worthy of publication, particularly since it deals with our judicial system.
      The Divine Right of Kings
      Will there be a time when men shall be drawn before the judges of this land to give account for their conscience? Indeed there will, and we contend that it is even now.
      "And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:" Lk.12:11  We ask, who are these "powers," and who are these "magistrates?" Are they not the judges who sit upon the benches of this land? Have we not already returned to the Divine Right of Kings? We ask you to consider the following:
      Re-emergence of the Divine Right of Kings

      "It's impossible to have religious freedom in any nation where churches are licensed to the government."
      Congressman George Hansen, In Caesar's Grip, by: Peter Kershaw

      Rev. D. James Kennedy has stated:

      "The federal government has proved a tremendous impediment to the ongoing work of Christians. In all the laws that they have passed against Christian schools, gagging the church, taxation, and all kinds of things that they have done, they have made it harder for the church to exercise
      its prerogatives and to preach the gospel."

      "Take the last presidential election. There were numbers of things that I knew that I was never able to say from the pulpit because if you advance the cause of one candidate or impede the cause of the other you can lose your tax exemption. That would have been disastrous not only for the church, but for our school and our seminary, everything. So you are gagged. You cannot do that. The IRS, a branch of our government, has
      succeeded in gagging Christians."
      Hushmoney, by: Peter Kershaw, p. 22

      America is in a state of moral free-fall, plunging toward self-destruction. In the face of ever-increasing national immorality, the "legalization" by government of many acts which have for centuries been held to be criminal, as well as the rapid erosion of the People's basic constitutional
      rights and liberties, where is the church?
      Martin Luther stated,
      "The church must be reminded that it is neither the master nor the servant of the state, but rather the conscience of the state."

      John Adams put it this way,
      "The church is the moral compass of society."

      America has lost her moral bearings, yet the church stands strangely mute. Even Rev. Kennedy wishes he could say much more. How did it happen? Most churches today are legally organized as "creatures of the State." In other words, they are State-churches. For all intents and purposes, they can only do what their government masters authorize.
      They have "rendered unto Caesar" what is exclusively Christ's. Somehow churches thought they needed the "privileges and benefits of the State." But there's no free lunch. The government demands something in return - the surrender of constitutionally protected rights, like freedom of speech, and even freedom of religion! The church, as D. James Kennedy asserts, has been gagged.

      Why do churches and ministries incorporate and become 501(c)3s? "Because our attorney told us we needed to," is the most common reason. Pastors and ministers have been tricked into believing that they can't function without the legal blessing of the civil government. But there's at least two sides to every story, and you have the right to know that your attorney (even if he is a Christian) probably withheld vital information from you.

      First-century Christians knew there were significant legal and theological ramifications to taking licenses from Caesar. This is why they never incorporated any church. The corporation originated in Roman Civil Law, 250 or more years prior to the birth of Christ. Corporations were the
      most ubiquitous legal entities in Roman society, used to maintain subservience and government conformance.
      The corporation is a "creature of the State," and "the State is the sovereign" of all corporations. For the early church to incorporate would have been a public declaration that Caesar was sovereign over Christ -- blasphemy! There is virtually no difference between modern corporations and those used by ancient Rome.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org