New York J.A.I.L. Kick-Off May 19th

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 1:02 AM
      Los Angeles, California                                               April 29, 2001

      New York J.A.I.L. Kick-Off May 19th

      A Message from Bill Gage

      To:     all our friends who may be attending the NYLock-Up

          The organizing meeting to create NYJail4Judges on May 19th in Schenectady, NY will not be for people to speak of their ills and woes nor to share their frustration about the general public's inattention to the corruption of New York State and Federal courts with the group.   We just don't have the luxury of time.  There will not be time available for each individual to do this. But there will be time for this in future meetings... hopefully monthly.

          We have an agenda for May 19 and it is pretty clear cut. We only have approximately 5 1/2 to 6 hours to organize... and the meeting will be controlled to accomplish this purpose. Time must be spent in determining specific direction and goals, organizing committees, and electing a Warden, Asst. Warden, Secretary and Treasurer.  I am sending this to all possible attendees so that there will be no misunderstanding of our purpose for the NYLock-Up. We are going to build the organizational machinery and plan with which to cultivate and develop grassroots county groups throughout the state... and we will do it with your help on May 19th.  The counties will be the backbone of our organization.

      Everybody have a great government-free day!
      Bill Gage, NYJAILer

      ps:    Its been a long time since I've been as excited about anything as I am the response to the NYLock-Up.  Its only been 5 days since the first Invitations / Announcements were emailed.  Already we have verbal and email commitments from people as far away as Glens Falls, Bath, White Plains, New York City, Long Island, a couple of small towns in Vermont and Massachusetts near the New York Border whose names I can't remember, New Haven Connecticut... and even one from Florida.  And the first reservation arrived in our postal box Tuesday.  I urge all of you who are planning to attend to mail your reservations as soon as possible so that Bill and I may have an accurate head count for the buffet lunch.  Plus... it will take a lot of last minute heat off me.
      Please mail reservations to:
      NYJail4Judges - PO Box 193 - Knox, NY 12017

      Ron Loeber, NYJAILer

      The following announcement is retyped as email for those who cannot or do not wish to open the attachment which is done in Corel Photo-Paint format.

      1st Annual New York Lock-Up
      Organizing Meeting of
      NY-JAIL4Judges
      May 19, 2001   9A.M. - 5P.M.
      Registration and Coffee at 8a.m.

      Rotterdam Motor Inn
      2788 Hamburg St.
      Schenectady, NY 12303
      (518) 355-1111 or (888) 371-3316

      From NYS Twy Exit 25, take Rt 7 west 1/2 mile, then Rt 146 north 1 mile.

      J.A.I.L.
      Judicial Accountability & Integrity Legislation

      To finalize proposed legislation
      To organize a J.A.I.L. group for New York State
      To elect officers and form committees
      To create a NY-JAIL Policy/By-Laws
      To set goals for next meeting

      "...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new guards for their future security..."
      Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

      Are you fed up with Judicial Tyranny?
      Want to do something about it? Check out...

      Join us on Saturday, May 19th. It may be the opportunity of a lifetime.

      $20 Donation covers the cost of the meeting room, morning coffee & buffet lunch.

      SEND RESERVATIONS TO
      NY-JAIL4Judges - P.O. Box 193 - Knox, NY 12107

      Bill Gage (518) 282-9818          gageserve@...
      Ron Loeber (518) 872-2154             valortoo@...

      Room Reservations (518) 355-1111 or (888) 371-3316

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org