*** A COMPASSIONATE JUDGE

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2000
      A COMPASSIONATE JUDGE!

          I just heard a story about a Judge in Virginia on Face the Nation.
          Seems a landlord hauled into court a deaf couple who were $250.00 behind in their rent.  The landlord wanted them evicted.  When  Judge Mac Donald learned that the couple had miscalculated their finances, he whipped out $250.00 in cash, handed to the landlord and said, "I'll pay it.  Case Dismissed."
          Some times it's good to hear positive things about the judiciary.  We can't judge the whole barrel by the rotten apples.  Too bad we don't have more stories like this.

      From Connie O., a J.A.I.L. subscriber.
      We had verbally heard about this from other sources.