** The Judicial Canning Factory

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2001

      Los Angeles - February 19, 2001

      The Judicial Canning Factory
      By B. Lokey

      As a "jailhouse lawyer" in San Quentin for much of fifteen years, I had intimate access to transcripts of cases.  Judicial bias, often of the most egregious and pervasive kind, was documented in every case I studied.  If anybody has the time to do so, and wants to know the truth about the judicial industry, he or she should simply study the trial transcripts of cases on appeal.  In my day I never read a single case on appeal that I would not have reversed on the grounds that extreme judicial prejudice had been routinely committed by judge and prosecution, and sometimes by defense counsel as well, all acting in conspiratorial concert against the defendant's interests.

      What does an accused defendant do when he faces judge, prosecutor and his own counsel in an arcane legal proceeding in which he knows little or nothing about law and procedure?  I'll answer that with empirical knowledge--he goes to the joint every time.

      The criminal justice industry is like a canning factory.  All the empty cans running through the machinery must be filled with a person and the lid sealed for final storage.  When enough cans have been thus filled, they are loaded onto trucks and shipped to warehouses.  Who could doubt that economic considerations alone drive the canning factories of America?

      Every American is a victim of the canning factories run by the judicial system, even if he or she has never spent a day in prison or has even seen one.  If any would doubt this statement, simply behold the crime rate as it grows.  And what person is safe or secure from the judicial beast?  Only judges and their friends are safe. This makes everybody a victim or potential victim.

      I think it has been time for J.A.I.L. at least since 1940.  Could anybody argue that I am wrong?

       "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found the exact amount of injustice and wrongdoing which will be imposed on them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."  - Frederick Douglas, 1857

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org