* Lady Jumps From 9th Fl. Of Courthouse.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2000

      Los Angeles - December 25, 2000

      Lady Jumps From Ninth Floor
      Of Courthouse

      Thursday, December 21, 2000

      Los Angeles Times

      Murder-Suicide From Ledge Kills 3
      By LOUIS SAHAGUN, Times Staff Writer

      A distraught woman killed her two young daughters by pushing them off a
      ninth-floor ledge of the downtown Los Angeles County courthouse Wednesday, then leaped to her own death, Los Angeles police said.

      Witnesses said the woman let out a piercing scream before she jumped,
      landing in a lighted interior courtyard. Moments earlier, police had received a report of a suicidal woman on top of the building and tried to talk her back inside. One witness told of seeing the woman throw "two objects off the ninth-floor cafeteria balcony. That witness had no idea those objects were actually children," Lt. Horace Frank said.

      The tragedy took place at the courthouse at 111 N. Hill St. as the building
      emptied for the day at about 5:40 p.m.

       Frank would not identify the victims beyond saying that the woman was
      African American in her mid-30s and the girls were 6 and 8. The family was believed to have lived in Southwest Los Angeles, he said.

      What prompted the woman's actions was not clear, but county officials said she may have reacted to a civil case she attended in the building Wednesday morning with her husband and daughters.
      Suddenly, "she climbed up on the ledge and jumped, hitting the fourth-floor ledge," Frank said. Officers who rushed to the fourth floor found "two girls who appeared to be lifeless," he said.

      The woman, who fell to the ground floor, died at the scene. The girls
      suffered traumatic injuries and were in full cardiac arrest when taken to
      County-USC Medical Center. They were pronounced dead on arrival, he said.

      Los Angeles Police Department homicide detectives and Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators were conducting a murder-suicide investigation of the incident that Frank described as "very tragic for many reasons."

      "Certainly this is the time of the year for people to be festive and
      celebrating," he said. "Now, [this family] has to deal with a situation like
      this." *

      Article received on Thursday, December 21 2000 from Los Angeles Times

      * Obviously, most people will lose the significance of this event, chalking it up as an unstable woman who received an unfavorable ruling in court that day, affirming the soundness in reasoning of the judge. While I cannot address the particulars of this case, I am not ready to quickly dismiss this event as that of just an outright "wacko" woman. The odds are more than likely that this distraught woman, as are many others experiencing injustice in the courts of today, was driven to her action by hopelessness foisted upon her by the judge. It is inestimable just how many people have been driven to suicide and irrational behavior because they could not fathom hope beyond the court's gavel.

      Many courts have ruined and destroyed innumerable lives beyond comprehension, either directly or indirectly, to which, if the truth could be comprehended, there would be a national outcry for immediate reform! Only because the public is diluted with the idea that the underdog just could not deal with the justice meted out, that they do irrational things, that keeps the judicial system, particularly family law, afloat. They cannot imagine that the courts could really be so corrupt as to ruin good honest and just people. No, not in America, after all, we are guaranteed "Liberty and Justice for All!"

      Until America wakes up to the real facts of our judicial system, the evils of this system will continue until it hits them. Then they will scream, "How can this be?" and they may feel like committing suicide due to hopelessness. Wake Up AMERICA, J.A.I.L. is the ONLY Answer America will know!

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org