KCAL TV Channel 9 & J.A.I.L.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2000

      Los Angeles - December 19, 2000

      J.A.I.L. has just been contacted by KCAL Ch. 9 TV, a major TV news and programming station in Los Angeles. One of their station manager has assigned a reporter to scoop out all the information they could about J.A.I.L. for a major lead story on judicial corruption. This assigned reporter, Lily Lee, has just contacted me, the founder, and two of our attorneys spending approximately an hour and a half interviewing us. We have agreed to report in to their studio in suits and ties for a television interview.

      This is not a knee jerk spontaneous production, but a extended, well thought out presentation in which they are now asking us to provide real live victims of judicial corruption who can come into their studios and well present their experiences without a rambling long draw out complicated story. Obviously, only the top notch will be considered.

      The focus of this story is the need for judicial accountability, and how J.A.I.L. fills that need. I know in putting out this notice, we are going to be piled upon by everyone wishing their voice to be heard on TV. So let me weed out most by setting some ground rules. If you are not willing to personally appear at KCAL's studios in Los Angeles at your own expense, do not write us! If your story requires a complicated background, do not write us. If your story involves a bad judgment call on the part of some judge, do not write us. We are seeking clear-cut uncomplicated violations of law by judges that are simple to grasp by a twelve year old. Criminal acts on the part of the judiciary are a definite plus.

      Emotional issues involving children, child custody, or family issues are acceptable and even desirable provided the story is directed squarely at the out of control judiciary and not at the spouse or ex. In fact, we desire  some very emotionally touching accounts that would make the viewers cry at the outrage of the judiciary. It was their observance of outrageous conduct in the family law court that have brought them to seek J.A.I.L out as a potential remedy.

      If you do not fit into the above criteria for this TV production, perhaps you may know someone who would. If you feel you fill the bill, write a short single-page email summary to me so I may screen the stories prior to releasing them to KCAL. Be sure to include your telephone number so that either I, or they may call you to see if your story qualifies. Do not change the "KCAL TV Channel 9 & J.A.I.L." in the subject line.

      KCAL TV seems to have possibly taken a personal interest in the advancement of J.A.I.L., and this could very well be a tremendous publicity kick off for J.A.I.L. as we reach millions of viewers, that will spark interest in numerous other news organizations. They are aware that we need to gather here in California approximately one million signatures in order to place J.A.I.L. on the ballot. They agree that once on the ballot, it will pass without a hitch. They are very impressed that we now have some thirty-eight states involved, and they agree that the passage in any of the states will "start a domino" effect, (their words). They also see that this effort is bound to be explosive upon passage and would doubtless assure  coverage by the likes of even NightLine.

      Thanks for your cooperation in this tremendous opportunity for publicity.

      -Ronald Branson-

      Att. Gary Zerman - (661) 259-2570

      "Power is the great evil with which we are contending. We have divided power between three branches of government and erected checks and balances to prevent abuse of power. However, where is the check on the power of the judiciary? If we fail to check the power of the judiciary, I predict that we will eventually live under judicial tyranny." - Patrick Henry

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org