Lawyers, Judges & Courts

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2000

      Los Angeles - December 18, 2000
      Lawyers, Judges & Courts

      Having had my life determined dramatically by the courts of this country in
      a 40 year period, here are some thoughts.

      My entire life has been affected greatly with the antics of Lawyers, Judges
      and Courts from the lowest court in this country to the very highest and all
      in between.  Most of these courts are presided over by a system where there was no vote by the public for them, or in most cases if it was possible to have opposition, there was none.  This is true in the state courts but there is no chance for our vote in the federal system because they are appointed by their political cronies for life.

      When judges are elected in our own State Supreme Court there is no
      opposition and the only way to get rid of a judge is to vote NO in support
      of that judge and even if we do reject that judge we have no vote as to the

      The state and federal legislatures of our country have a large percentage of
      members that are lawyers.  All the laws of our nation are written by lawyers and they always use legalese language rather than plain English.  The lawyers then have a great say whether these laws get passed by also voting on these laws.

      Many people voted for "their" man because he will get to nominate some new justices to the Supreme Court.  The Supreme Court, after all, runs the
      country. With a 5 to 4 vote, it can overturn any law.  So, we were all
      supposed to get all excited about voting for a man who will appoint a few
      new members of this ancient, sovereign , unchallenged, body of nine people, lawyers all. ....

      My apologies to my lawyer and judge friends.  The devil made me write this.

      Joe W. Stout

      Greenfield, TN

      "Power is the great evil with which we are contending. We have divided power between three branches of government and erected checks and balances to prevent abuse of power. However, where is the check on the power of the judiciary? If we fail to check the power of the judiciary, I predict that we will eventually live under judicial tyranny." - Patrick Henry
      Where is the check on the power of the judiciary?    J.A.I.L.!
      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      To contact the author of JAIL4Judges: jail4judges@...