* The Judiciary Front & Center

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2000

      The Judiciary Front & Center
          Each and every election cycle I have been called upon by the Election Security Committee to be an observer at the Registrar Recorder's Office for the County of Los Angeles. I am assigned a badge and it is my duty to observe that the ballot counting is honest. This Tuesday election night I showed up wearing my J.A.I.L. T-Shirt. This fact elicited a number of conversations on what we were seeking to accomplish, and I had with me a lot of literature in preparation.

          As I stood there watching over this huge room filled with hundreds of volunteer highschool students handling millions of ballots that were flooding in, I was thinking of how complex this would seem to most people from out of state. Los Angeles County population alone is bigger than some 42 other states in this country, and how simple it would appear to me if I were somewhere else.

          I watched the TV screen as the tabulations rolled by which were refreshed approximately every twenty minutes, and I could not help but observe how the entire system is focused upon political candidates to the legislature and the executive positions, but absolutely no focus upon the judiciary where the real damage is being done to our great Republic.

          Hardly no one knows anything about the judges or how to vote on judicial positions, and that is, if there is even a choice to be made, which most often there is not. Therefore, there is no interest on who wins or who looses. The judges go unnoticed and unaccountable, and secretly do their dirty deeds, while the entire election process goes on as a type of "watch the birdie, whose going to win," while everyone looses.

          I have often said in public speaking, "Just give me five men that I can place in government positions anywhere I wish, and I can completely demoralize, corrupt and overthrow this nation. They need no AK 47s, handgernades, bazookas, or bombers. All they need is pen and paper. I would place these five persons on the Supreme Court. And of course, with these same five persons I could make this nation a shining example of what our Founding Fathers envisioned.

          Now that we have gotten the elections out of our system (Or have we? It appears that the coin has been spinning on its edge with everyone wonder just how it will fall), I am sure that we probably will all agree that we are disappointed with the results. No matter who wins, there is no clear mandate from the people. For the next four to eight years we will live with "It could have been...." Nothing will change that! The hoopla of any decisive win and direction is Gone!

          This opens the door to the question, where do we go from here? Something different has to be the answer, and that is where JAIL4Judges comes in! We are that "something different." Judicial activism has been on the rise and going off the charts. Judges are now making laws in every state in the Union, even usurping legislatures. More and more we are seeing eyes taking a hard look at what the judiciary is doing, and J.A.I.L. is at the forefront of this cause. JAIL is the ONLY movement that is using the initiative process across this country to bring about general judicial accountability. "Judicial Accountability" is on name! We have no other party opponent. The otherwise crowded election freeway is clear and open for us to go a fast and furious as we have the power to forge forward. Even the judges and media do not want to touch us. They only speak in general terms about us such as, "There is even one group that is focused totally on the judiciary." The reason they do not want to target us is because to do so would only work in our favor, giving us advertisement, and forging us forward all the more. We have an unbeatable cause that enjoys the best of all worlds. We thrive on opposition, and say, "Bring it on!"

          Allow me to make a prediction. You will soon see JAIL4Judges quickly rise to the top of the political chart in this nation like nothing you have ever seen. It will make many, if not most, future elections appear irrelevant as the focus shifts more and more toward the judiciary, with every candidate for political office being posed with how they stand on the question of "Judicial Accountability Initiative Law," or "Judicial Accountability & Integrity Legislation." Test me on this! Watch and see what great things are on the horizon. Prove me a liar. Am I a deceived man or just plain foolish, or do I know what I am talking about? When we win, everyone wins. Will I hang my head in shame, or shall we all participate in the March of Victory! Stay tuned and watch JAIL!

          Every mighty oak began as a seed, and every great cause started as an idea of a man. Just so with J.A.I.L. For those of you who are curious enough to pick up the phone and place a call, I would ask you to dial (818) 385-4003 and enjoy the message. In just two days there will transpire a part of national history in the making. Below is the planned scheduled for this Veterans Day 2000 Fundraiser taking place at the American Legion Hall, 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA. 91335. JAIL T-shirts will be given to all attendees. For questions or comments, call (818) 895-1239.

      Veterans Day JAIL Fundraiser Schedule

      11:00 Doors open with Victory March Music

      11:30 Welcoming statements - Ron Branson

      11:45 Attorney Gary Zerman

      12:15 Auction

      12:30 Attorney Patricia Barry

      1:00 Auction

      1:15 10 minute break (open food table)

      1:30 Mayor Pro-Tem Linda Guevara

      2:00 Auction

      2:15 Attorney Philip Putman

      2:45 Auction

      3:00 Keynote Speaker, Ted Gunderson

      3:45 Dr. Shirley Moore

      4:15 Miscellaneous as time allows

      4:45 Thank You and Closing Remarks – Ron Branson

      CLOSE AT 5:00

      All events will be professionally video and audio taped, and  audio tapes of the speakers will be made available for your purchase to take home with you.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      To contact the author of JAIL4Judges: jail4judges@...

      "I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.  What I can do, I should do.  And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do."   - Edward Everett Hale