A Medical Doctor Speaks Out!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2000
      November 6, 2000
      Make your plans now to attend So. CA. JAIL's Nov. 11th (Veteran's Day) fundraiser. RSVP $20 (or $25 at the door) to Doug Johnson, (818) 895-1239, 8340 Columbus Ave., North Hills, CA. 91343. Event held 11 am., American Legion Hall, 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA. Includes food and a J.A.I.L. T-shirt.
      A Medical Doctor speaks out!
      Dear JAIL4Judges,
          I really enjoyed the story about the golfcourse millionaire and the Orange County Sheriff. I must say that I too have fallen victim to the same skullduggery, as I was arrested for felony cruelty to animals for washing my cat in the kids "kiddie pool."
          I was put in jail and saw inmates beaten by the deputies till they were removed on a stretcher. .... after five days of incarceration [I] placed ten thousand cash bail, but five minutes before my release I was placed on a "psychiatric hold" and it was alleged by a jail nurse that I was "indigent, had no home, could not clothe nor feed myself, nor provide for myself for I was gravely disabled."
          I was taken in four point restraints to the psychiatrist and evaluated. I told the doctor who I was, and that I was really just washing my cat, and that I had practiced medicine as a general family practitioner and never once in twenty years had I EVER been arrested or LIED on a chart!!!
      I asked him "How long would that nurse be working for you if you knew the truth as you do now?
          He told me the act of falsifying a document that leads to the incarceration in a mental institution is a felony and what had happened should be brought forth in a civil suit. He documented the bruised and multiple countusions I suffered from the inmates, inflicted for not hanging the phone up properly. He laughed and apologized for such  contemptable conduct on the part of the jailers for not protecting me....   Please call me at (000) XXX-0000.
      Dr. T. Freeman

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      To send published judicial articles: USA-jail4judges@...
      To contact the author of JAIL4Judges: jail4judges@...