"This Can't Be True!"

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2000

      November 1, 2000
      Make your plans now to attend So. CA. JAIL's Nov. 11th (Veteran's Day) fundraiser. RSVP $20 (or $25 at the door) to Doug Johnson, (818) 895-1239, 8340 Columbus Ave., North Hills, CA. 91343. Event held 11 am., American Legion Hall, 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA. Includes food and a J.A.I.L. T-shirt.

      "This Can't Be True!"

      My Dearest, Most Darlin' Ms. Carla,

      How anyone could doubt your love for this country, your love and concern for all humanity, and your great big loving heart is beyond me.

      I can only think that their eyes and ears, and their hearts are still closed. How sad it is that all too often some terrible, unimaginable, gut-wrenching event must happen to us PERSONALLY before we can see and understand what is happening to others. That was certainly true in my case. When my precious son was killed I thought, "This can't be true! The police in this country don't just shoot good people for no  reason. This doesn't happen to people like us. There was some kind of terrible mistake!"

      But I was wrong on all counts. My good son was DEAD, killed by the police for no better reason than the prescribed (by his doctor) medication was causing him to be confused and losing consciousness so he stepped out of his car ON A FREEWAY to seek help and it cost him his life. And it DOES happen more often than  you can imagine "to people like us"!

      Only last night we were at a memorial for another good young man, Anthony Lee, the father of two beautiful babies, and like my son, a kind, gentle man who touched the hearts of all who knew him. Like my son, he was affluent, successful, never owned a gun, and had no police record. And like my family, his family thought, "This doesn't happen to people like us." But it did! It does! And it will continue.

       The "crime"  that Anthony Lee committed that cost him his precious life? He was at a private Halloween party, dressed in costume with a toy gun, when the police were called on a noise complaint. For reasons no more understandable (to a rational and fair mind) than their reason for killing my son, the police arrived, did not go to the front door and announce themselves but instead went around the outside of the private home, peered from the darkness through the lighted windows then, without announcing their presence or their idenity, without a, "POLICE-drop your gun", they opened fire and in that terrible, Godless moment another innocent, precious life was stolen from us, and another whole family cast into an unimaginable hell of pain and loss, compounded  to the mpth degree when they learn, as did we, that there will be no Truth and Justice for their beloved son, father,husband, brother, and friend, Anthony Lee. All of our hearts and our tears and our efforts go out to them.

      Dear Good People out there - please understand that Ms.Carla, and all of us, share these TRUE horrors with each other, and with you, with the fervent, desperate prayer that by creating "critical mass" awareness YOU or YOUR  children or YOUR loved ones will not be the next victims, and that you and your family will never have to suffer the terrible pain of personal loss with us. Our only agenda, our only thought, is to save the children, and hopefully help, (in our small ways) to ensure for them ALL a future both safe and free.

      God help us all-
      Constance Flaum

      Ms. Carla wrote:

      Good Morning Friends,
      My concern with this country is not the country itself but the corrupt and abuse that is happening. United States is becoming a Police Nation, and if you don't believe me, I will point out a couple of examples. Please allow me, remember the incident in Florida where the police busted in a house to get a little 6 year old Cuban boy? Do you remember that site? I can only speak for myself but I tell you folks, I find that very scary.

      Ms. Constance's son was 22 years old and had not been in any trouble and had a good job and a degree in music and had just really began his life. Do you know what happened? He was shot 165 times out of 250 rounds of bullets by 22 police officials in California. As of this day nobody has had to answer for that one. This man's flesh was shot right off of his body. (Sorry Ms.Constance, but I have to tell it like it is, and chances are there probably will be some that will not comprehend this). Now I would like for anybody to tell me, how in the world is this family ever going to have any closure to such a horrible incident as this? Shouldn't somebody be held liable for this?

      ...I know that some of you are aware of the Children's Protective  Services because it has happened to you. Good people have lost their children through this agency. They can walk into your home, take your child (children) out the door, they can force you to admit to child abuse (without any bruises or signs of child abuse), you will not get to see your children until you do sign a paper to this effect. Then your child
      can be placed in Foster Home and within 22 months your child is adopted out and you as a parent can't do a thing about it. Find this shocking? I hope so. Look up the facts for yourself. They are all over the internet, or contact me, I will tell you where to find it.
      It is a fact that there will always be children that will have to be adopted
      out. I don't have a qualm about that. My problem is that I don't like how
      the "system" goes about doing it. I have no problem with some Foster Parents, there are some very good ones out there. My problem is the bad foster parents. How can they be allowed to abuse a child more than the parents did.

      ...Are you aware that the Social Security Number you have is suppose to be used by the Social Security Office and IRS only?  Why is it most everywhere you go, for some reason or other, you are always asked to
      give this number out? Why do you suppose that is? Could it be a tracking system? My opinion, YES.
      My goal is to build this country up and to retain my freedom and Rights that my forefathers gave me. I don't like some of the things I see and hear and its not right, even some of the things that I have mentioned to you here is not right and this is not the things that people have fought and died for, totally the opposite. Its happening people and I have told you, now what you do or say from this letter on is strictly up to you. You can choose to believe it and try to stop it or you can ignore it. The choice is yours and yours alone. I choose to try to stop it myself.
      I hope that somewhere and somehow that I can make a difference for the better, and I certainly will try. Thank you.

      Ms. Carla

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      To send published judicial articles: USA-jail4judges@...
      To contact the author of JAIL4Judges: jail4judges@...