Police Chief (Ret.) Responds to "Torture Techniques"

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2000

      October 29, 2000
      Make your plans now to attend So. CA. JAIL's Nov. 11th (Veteran's Day) fundraiser. RSVP $20 (or $25 at the door) to Doug Johnson, (818) 895-1239, 8340 Columbus Ave., North Hills, CA. 91343. Event held 11 am., American Legion Hall, 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA. Includes food and a J.A.I.L. T-shirt.
      Ret. Police Chief Responds to
      "Torture Techniques" In Disbelief

      Dear JAIL Subscribers:

      The extent of the influence of JAIL is virtually unknown in that we do not know who all is watching us. Below is a Chief of Police (Ret.) who is expressing his disbelief that my experiences with the police, as set forth in the recent "Torture Techniques" article, could happen in these good ole United States. Yes, I agree, it sounds like something that must be from some third-world regime. But the truth is, yes, we are indeed talking about the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave." Perhaps some of you would like to verify that fact to the Retired Chief with your own experiences with police in this country.

      For confidentiality, I would appreciate any responses to the Retired Police Chief be sent through me for forwarding. Let him choose to reveal his email address to you if he is so inclined, or he can again forward it back through me.

      -Ron-

      Hello. I am emailing in response to "Experiences of Ron Branson". I find it hard to believe that what you described could or has happened in the United States. If you were talking about the CIA or NSA having you in custody someplace for whatever reason involving National Security then I would not have a problem believing it. However, being in civilian custody in the United States and claim this happened is just amazing. I am a retired Chief of Police and a retired Special Agent and just find this hard to comprehend or believe.

      F. Petri

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      To send published judicial articles: USA-jail4judges@...
      To contact the author of JAIL4Judges: jail4judges@...