***Planning Stage For CA. JAIL Fundraiser

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2000

      Los Angeles - September 25, 2000
      Get a J.A.I.L. For Judges T-Shirt for your next court appearance.
      Write baronboy@... and place your order today!
      J.A.I.L. Fundraiser
      Planning Notice for this Saturday
      Sept. 30th @ 1:30 pm.
      If you do not live in California, please note the asterisk below.
      There is indeed, something for you too. Thanks.*
      This Saturday, Sept. 30th at 1:30 pm the California Judicial Accountability Initiative Law, (J.A.I.L.) will be holding a very important planning session for our November 11th fundraiser. We now have a very roomy modern building ("Adult Day Care Center") in which we will be meeting this Saturday at 9134 Woodman Ave., Arleta (1 block north of Nordhoff). Some very exciting things have happened within the last two weeks which we need to talk about.
      We have now officially acquired an American Legion Hall located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda (right behind the Reseda Post Office - Sherman Way & Reseda Blvd.) with a parking lot capacity of 120 autos for Nov. 11th. This hall has been preserved for our JAIL fundraiser from 11 am until 5 pm., and it has been paid for in full. It is ours! We are very excited about this!
      Our meeting this Saturday is to cinch up the functional details for the Nov. 11th event. Some ideas are to offer a buffet luncheon and a  JAIL T-shirt to be included in the entrance fee. We are considering keeping our entrance fee low to maximize attendance. Most of our actual fundraising will have to be raised inside at the event because the food and T-shirts will consume most of the entrance fee.
      We will be planning a silent auction, and we need to reach commercial businesses to donate items to be auctioned off. In exchange, we will give their businesses an advertisement plug. Also we may consider raffling some items off as well. If any of you produce a product or perform a service that we may auction off, it would be very much appreciated. Lesser items may be raffled.
      We will have to settle plans for volunteers to attend the door and take collections for those who have not prepaid by RSVP, and for whatever security we wish to arrange.
      We will need to plan decorations such as balloons, and we will need to create a large banner for JAIL4Judges.
      We will discuss plans for a professional comedy entertainer, a live performance band, and anything else that will enhance this fundraiser. Our objective will be to rely as much as possible on volunteers to do everything so we may minimize our overhead for the cause of Judicial Accountability.
      While we know we already have very powerful home-based speaking ability and talents in JAIL, attempts are presently being made to have Huntington Park Pro-Tem Mayor Linda Guevara as one of our speakers. I have heard her speak, and her message is very persuasive on how things are out of control, and what she desires to do about it. What is so unusual here is that she will be soon assuming "top-dog" position in her city. She intends to register Huntington Park on the political Richter scale with the fall-out when she takes control. And believe it or not, we are also attempting to get in Hollywood Producer Mel Gibson, producer of the movie, "The Patriot." If we are successful in that, we can boost our entrance fee because we will definitely have a totally packed building.
      Make every effort to be present this Saturday to tie down all the loose ends we possibly can. Come with lots of ideas and bring others who have experience in these types of matters. We will have lots of room for our meeting, and we will not be cramped for space as heretofore. Also, there is plenty of parking in the parking lot. (Note: In case you are not clear on this point, we will NOT be meeting at Attorney Patricia Barry's Office, or at the American Legion Hall, so do not go there this Saturday! Barry will be with us in Arleta.)
      * To those receiving this email, but too far to come this Saturday, however you intend to come to the actual JAIL fundraiser on Nov. 11th, you can offer suggestions, give comments or state your intent to donate a service or product, to me, Ron, via email, at jail4judges@.... We plan on pumping this event all over this country! Let's keep the momentum going in the cause of freedom for our country and for our posterity! These are exciting days! Mark your calendar for November 11th, (Veteran's Day).
      -Ron Branson-

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      To send published judicial articles: USA-jail4judges@...
      To contact the author of JAIL4Judges: jail4judges@...