The Church Gagged!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2000

      Los Angeles - September 19, 2000
      Get a J.A.I.L. For Judges T-Shirt for your next court appearance.
      Write baronboy@... and place your order today!

      Religious freedom in any nation where churches are licensed to the
      government? http://www.hushmoney.org/  "It's impossible to have
      religious freedom in any nation where churches are licensed to the
      government." Congressman George Hansen, In Caesar's Grip,
      by: Peter Kershaw.

      From: ZOBOLI@...

      The Church is Gagged!

      Rev. D. James Kennedy has stated:

      "The federal government has proved a tremendous impediment  to the
      ongoing work of Christians. In all the laws that they have passed
      against Christian schools, gagging the church, taxation, and all kinds
      of things that they have done, they have made it harder for the church
      to exercise its prerogatives and to preach the gospel."

      "Take the last presidential election. There were numbers of things  that
      I knew that I was never able to say from the pulpit because if you
      advance the cause of one candidate or impede the cause of the other you can lose your tax exemption. That would have been disastrous  not only for the church, but for our school and our seminary, everything.  So you are gagged. You cannot do that. The IRS, a branch of our  government, has succeeded in gagging Christians."

      Hushmoney, by: Peter Kershaw, p. 22  America is in a state of moral free-fall, plunging toward self-destruction.  In the face of ever-increasing national immorality, the "legalization" by government of many acts which have for centuries been held to be criminal,  as well as the rapid erosion of the People's basic constitutional rights and  liberties, where is the church? Martin Luther stated, "The church must be reminded that it is neither the master nor the servant of the state, but rather the conscience of the state." John Adams put it this way, "The church is the moral compass of society."

      America has lost her moral bearings, yet the church stands strangely
      mute. Even Rev. Kennedy wishes he could say much more. How did it happen? Most churches today are legally organized as "creatures of the State." In other words, they are State-churches. For all intents and
      purposes, they can only do what their government masters authorize.
      They have "rendered unto Caesar" what is exclusively Christ's. Somehow churches  thought they needed the "privileges and benefits of the State." But there's  no free lunch. The government demands something in return - the surrender of constitutionally protected rights, like freedom of speech, and even freedom of religion! The church, as Dr. James Kennedy asserts, has been gagged.

      Why do churches and ministries incorporate and become 501(c)3s?

      "Because our attorney told us we needed to," is the most common  reason. Pastors and ministers have been tricked into believing that  they can't function without the legal blessing of the civil government.  But there's at least two sides to every story, and you have the right to
      know that your attorney (even if he is a Christian) probably withheld
      vital information from you.

       First-century Christians knew there were significant legal and
      theological  ramifications to taking licenses from Caesar. This is why
      they never  incorporated any church. The corporation originated in Roman Civil Law, 250 or more years prior to the birth of Christ. Corporations were  the most ubiquitous legal entities in Roman society, used to maintain  subservience and government conformance. The corporation is a "creature of the State," and "the State is the sovereign" of all corporations.  For the early church to incorporate would have been a public declaration  that Caesar was sovereign over Christ -- blasphemy! There is virtually no  difference between modern corporations and those used by ancient Rome.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      To send published judicial articles: USA-jail4judges@...
      To contact the author of JAIL4Judges: jail4judges@...