Fw: Do Treaties Supersede The Constitution?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2000

      Subject: Re: Do Treaties Supersede The Constitution?

      In a message dated 9/4/00 11:26:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      jail4judges@... writes:

      << So, let us get back to the basics. JAIL is the ONLY answer this country will ever know, and let us not be distracted by all the folderol.
       The truth shall set us free, and that is what JAIL will do.   >>

            I would have to agree with this writing on the relation of treaties to the Constitution. I have never seen anything that would convince me that treaties are somehow superior to the Constitution itself.
            I've seen many arguments on this thought, but one thing they all have in common is complete disregard for the fact that the Constitution was created solely for the protection of rights, whether that be on the level of the individual or the authorities and powers temporarily granted to government for a larger scale purpose.
             None have allowed the facts of our three branches of government to come into play as a stopping point for such violations of our rights. None have considered that treaties must also answer to the courts and rights violations will not be tolerated.
            It seems that someone is putting this stuff out to an already frightened public (rightfully so, given other acts of government) in an effort to justify treaties being allowed to violate us or possibly as cover for the reality that rights violating laws created within the U.S., that are said to be done so as part of a treaty, are in fact done by the law creators themselves and not a treaty. Hold the rights violating representatives responsible and you can forget about treaties having a problem.

        John Campbell

        Bakersfield, Ca.