Texas Judge Commits Suicide

  • Ron Branson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013

      Texas Judge Commits Suicide
      By Ron Branson
      National JAIL4Judges Commander-In-Chief

      There are many cases of government officials committing suicide of which neither government nor the news media likes to report. A few years ago the Los Angeles Times released a statistic that there were three times as many police officers killed by their own service guns than are killed in the line of official police duty. Whether the media or the government likes to consider the implication of the facts, it suggests that police officers would be greatly more safe if they were lawfully kept unarmed. However, the picture desirable to be presented to the public generally by the media is that we need to be concerned for the safety of our police officers from the criminal element.

      It is evident by the laws proposed by our legislators that the life of a police officer is more valuable than normal People. For instance, the penalties under law for killing a police officer is much stiffer than for regular People. But, killing is killing. In either case, there is the killing of a human being. But the argument that the life of a police officer is more valuable is a subject of which our Founding Fathers were forced to dealt with, and they did so in our Declaration of Independence, to wit: "He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our People, and eat out their substance. ... protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states." The problem they experienced was Officers killing its citizens, then holding mock criminal trials to protect the Officers.

      Now while we know that three times as many police are killed by their own guns, we have no such statistics as to judges. Government and the news media just as well keep that a secret. But that fact also is true that the judges are also killing themselves.

      Perhaps judges killing themselves is an unmentioned form of "Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome" of which we acknowledge exists within our military who return home from war. Every military person is now asked if they have ever given thought to killing themselves. Those who answer affirmatively are placed on a list of those who should be prevented from buying or owning a gun. It becomes part of their record.

      I propose that this same equal type questioning be pose to every police officer and judge, and that they be placed accordingly upon such gun prevention list! Okay, I realize that my suggestion would be politically incorrect, but it certainly would be just! After all, we do want to keep our police officers and judges safe, don't we?

      http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/16/texas-judge-found-fatally-shot-in-chambers/

      Texas judge found fatally shot in chambers

      Published July 16, 2013
      FoxNews.com

      CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas –  Texas authorities say a state district judge in Corpus Christi was found dead from a gunshot wound in his chambers.

      Nueces County Sheriff Jim Kaelin  tells the Corpus Christi Caller-Times that State District Judge Tom Greenwell was found dead from a gunshot wound Monday night. The newspaper reports Kaelin didn't answer questions after reporting the judge's identity. It was not known whether or not foul play was suspected.

      KRISTV.com reported that the judge appeared to have died from a gunshot wound to the head in an apparent suicide.

      Officials responded to the courthouse at about 7 p.m. after getting a report that a man was found with a gunshot wound to the head. The courthouse closed at 5 p.m.

      The newspaper reports law enforcement officials weren't searching for an active shooter late Monday.

      A person answering the phone at the sheriff's office late Monday said no one was available for comment.

      The Associated Press contributed to this report

      Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/16/texas-judge-found-fatally-shot-in-chambers/#ixzz2ZK58JiBV