Our Founding Fathers On Gun Control

  • Ron Branson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2012

      Our Founding Fathers On Gun Control

      It was Thomas Jefferson who said, "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."  We are told that the People in L.A. are standing in line to give up their guns to the government. However, let it be known that it is documented that the government has staged fake Drug Busts before for media consumption.

      In other words, the government believes it is justifiable to lie to the People for their own good. Los Angeles Mayor
      Antonio Villaraigosa, contrary to our Founding Fathers in our Declaration of Independence, says, "L.A. can never hove too many police officers." I admonish those reading the below report of the People of Los Angeles standing in line to give up their arms, be viewed with a healthy skepticism of government propaganda.

      Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 am (PST) . Posted by:

      "balerion the black dread" sxgnzls

      LA's Gun Buyback Program Is a Massive Success

      Adam Clark Estes 2,917 Views Dec 26, 2012

      People lined up around the block in Los Angeles on Wednesday, some waiting hours to exchange their unwanted guns for grocery store gift cards as the city tries to get the weapons off the street. By lunchtime, they'd already collected more than the 1,673 guns that were exchanged last year, and the officials running the event had to get more gift cards. One guy showed up with 22 pistols in his trunk. The event usually takes place on Mother's Day, but Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa moved it up to the day after Christmas following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. "I'm bringing in a 9-millimeter handgun because I want to get it out of the house because I have teenage children," one woman told The Los Angeles Times. "I would hate for them to do what that guy in Connecticut did."

      These type of events have been happening all over the country since the Sandy Hood shooting. Each one is different, but generally, firearms fetch between $50 and $100. In Los Angeles, they were offering up to $200 for assault rifles. It's not really about the money, though. As Villaraigosa explained ahead of his city's buyback program, it's also about taking action. "I think everybody was so traumatized," he said. "People said, 'I don't wait on the Congress, I'm tired of the endless debates about responsible gun control legislation, I want to do my part." As it were, one of the first guns collected at Wednesday was a Bushmaster XM-15, the same assault rifle that Adam Lanza used at Sandy Hook. Inevitably, though, as some people across the country were getting rid of their guns, plenty of others were getting brand new ones for Christmas.

      So, let us consider the admonitions of our Founding Fathers

      "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
      George Mason (1788)

      "The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full posession of them."
      Zachariah Johnson  Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

      "And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
      Samuel Adams - August 20, 1789

      "Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

      George Washington

      "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

      Richard Henry Lee -  American Statesman, 1788

      "The great object is that every man be armed." and "Everyone who is able may have a gun."

      Patrick Henry

      "Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

      Patrick Henry

      "The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion."
      Edmund Burke  -  1784