Five Thousand Years Ago ...

  • Ron Branson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2012

      Five Thousand Years Ago

      Five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel,  "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead You to the Promised Land."

      Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."

      Today, Congress has stolen our shovels, taxed our asses, raised the price of Camels, and mortgaged the Promised Land!

      I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc .... I called a Suicide Hotline.

      I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was suicidal.
        They got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck......