Contempt of Court: When is it Appropriate? - Judges Contempt Handbook

  • Ron Branson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012

    Contempt of Court: When is it Appropriate?
    Judges Contempt Handbook

    Attached is the California Judges Contempt Handbook describing when contempt is appropriate or inappropriate. Gary L. Zerman, JAIL4Judges attorney, deems it appropriate that information be posted on the internet in light of how "Contempt of Court" is being thrown around liberally by judges these days. A pertenant jurisdictional issue is whether the particular contempt is criminal or civil.

    Ron:

    See the below e-mail (which apparently did not go thru, as I got a message stating such), and the attachment (judges handbook re contempt).

    If you can, resend it to your group.  GLZ.

    Michayl Mellen, mlmellen@..., in Texas, writes:

    "AM I WRONG IN ASKING JURISDICTION? WRONG TO THE POINT OF CONTEMPT OF COURT AND JAILED 2 DAYS?"