We Have Met the Enemy, and He is Us

  • Ron Branson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2012

      We Have Met the Enemy, and He is Us

      I wish to commend John Wolfgram on his below Treatise on understanding the problem, to wit, "...injustice causes him, and others to become angry with government, and rightly so...to the extent that they address the anger to the cause of the injustice that they have experienced.  For many, the only direction the anger can take is to strike out blindly against the persons of the system who have wronged them; because they cannot identify the real enemy."

      Many express their frustration in the words, "I'm mad as hell, and I am not going to take it any more." But they really know not at whom to strike out at, just strike out at something, peradventure they may hit something! I have humorously responded publically to such frustration, "Drop your pants and bend over, here it comes again!" But really, I understand this frustration. But is there not a sane, calm, and reasonable response to the situation? Yes, I believe there is. It is JAIL4Judges! But there is not in every man that knowledge, and so their answer is to swing out into a greater circumference in hopes they may hit something. It is like shooting in the dark on a battlefield when you can't see a thing. Unfortunately, the person immediately in front of them may be their greatest friend and ally.

      I believe the best approach is for everyone to stop everything and logically diagnose the question, "What is wrong with JAIL4Judges?" What is its shortcoming? If it is not the answer, why not? Can it somehow be made the answer? I was just within another email charged with the assertion that JAIL4Judges and organizations like situated, are responsible for judges, who are not really judges, opposing the Constitution and who are selling us down the river. I understand the frustration, but not the logic. Are we going to win this battle by frustration, and not logic?

      How true are the words of Scripture, "My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because thou hast rejected knowledge, I also will reject thee." Hosea 4:6. America is being destroyed as a nation not for lack of a remedy, but for the lack of the acceptance of the remedy! So, if the question be, what makes me think that JAIL4Judges is the remedy, I shall be glad to engage in a calm, sound reasoning upon that issue. If anyone finds fault with the J.A.I..L. proposition, let us get down to particulars of; who, what, when, where, how and why, not just refute the words, "J.A.I.L. is the only answer," words of which I have been saying for years.

      I have seen every kind of frustration exhibited over the years of which J.A.I.L. has existed, and have likewise seen every kind of suggestion as to an alternative to J.A.I.L. But during that same time since April of 1995, J.A.I.L. has stood unchanged like a granite mountain in a windstorm, unmoved and undaunted! I seen frustration growing, and the number of anti-judicial organizations expanding. But since the people have rejected J.A.I.L. for no sound reason, the Scripture best depicting today's scene is Isaiah 26:20, "Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast."

      Ron Branson
      VictoryUSA@...

      John Wolfgram wrote:
      Yes, Paul, it was a very perverse reply; but plausibly appropriate.

      Julian, and many others, me included, have suffered much at the hands of a government that is systematically unaccountable for the wrongs that it does.  That injustice causes him, and others to become angry with government, and rightly so...to the extent that they address the anger to the cause of the injustice that they have experienced.  For many, the only direction the anger can take is to strike out blindly against the persons of the system who have wronged them; because they cannot identify the real enemy.  The natural result of such striking out is to consolidate fear with the powers of oppression; to justify it and create barriers further separating the government form the governed and generating new causes for oppression.  That will occur naturally enough with each increase in government's abilities to oppress without accountability.

      Neither Julian or you, Paul, need worry that those events will not occur of their own force ... the slow burning but no less mounting forces of rebellion, gradually mounting to violence.  When he talks of killing the persons of the forces that have wronged him he contributes to that mounting force for violence.  But that is not the point, for his contribution to that force is ever so slight.

      The point is in what you and Julian and I lose by such talk, coming from us, as if we intellectuals are too stupid to identify the real causes of injustices that he suffers and identifies.  What the patriot movement needs is intellectual leaders that can and do vocally link unjust cause to unjust effect in ways that are understandable to those who likewise suffer injustice but don't know and on their own can't figure out the root causes and who would, without us, strike out blindly.  Unlike them, you and Julian and I are not blind and can see and explain unjust cause to unjust effect.  Think of the wrong we do to those who have likewise suffered injustice, if instead of explaining the causal visions that we see and understand so that their justified anger can be constructively directed, we simply join them in striking out blindly.  When we who can identify the real evil in the system, simply vent our anger without direction to that evil, we make war inevitable.

      We, you and I and Julian, are the intellectuals that can identify the systemic enemy and direct the intellectual and political forces that we can muster, influence and organize against the critical weaknesses of that enemy.  But without that understanding of unjust cause to unjust effect that only intellectuals who have suffered the injustice and fought against it can grasp, the immense potential of revolution for justice is lost and anger and mindless striking out only multiplies the injustice in the world for all of us.

      I would like to, on the one hand, apologize to Julian for striking out against his expressions of frustration, with what is after all, my own expression of like frustration no less soundly based in the systematic suffering of injustice.  But on the other hand, having experienced and borne the burden of not just the same kind of injustice that he has, but in addition having experience the insanity of war ... the mindless striking out to kill which only generates the same mindless striking out from the opponent resulting in an insane feeding frenzy on the corpses of each other, I hope to gain a shock value: Julian's focused and reasoned release of his anger against the real enemy is just too important to lose to a mindless striking out against persons, and only tends to defeat the very instrument of justice that he hungers and thirsts for.

      The question for intellectual patriots is not "Who is the enemy", but "What is the enemy".

      If it is true that "Power tends to corrupt," and "absolute power corrupts absolutely", then the enemy is that which tends to render limited powers absolute.   What does that Paul? What changes any limited power, like judicial, administrative or legislative powers limited in both scope and intensity by laws such as a constitution of enumerated powers and a restricting bill of rights, into the absolute power that corrupts absolutely?

      Identify that Paul, and you will know the face of the real enemy; the one that we must expose and explain and teach about.

      Wolfgram